Private ticket from UKCPS £75!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whose Perky? Cases quoted in that web article are genuine judgements

Who IS Perky?

or

Who's Perky?

I hope you get someone to proof-read your court papers before you submit them.

Extract from UKCPS website

We then undertake in full the collection of the parking charge. Should the parking charge not be paid within 10 days from the date of issue, we obtain the vehicles licensing and owner registration details from the DVLA and pursue the driver/owner through the courts for the fine. During this process we expedite total confidentiality to both parties (you and the driver/owner) and we are bound at all times by the DVLA's code of conduct and the Data Protection Act.

Unfortunately this isn't actually true. If it were at least one of the cases would have made it here.

I've looked through UKCPS website and cannot find the quote above. if it really does exist then please send the full url as it is indeed slightly outdated and needs ammendment. thank you

perhaps you should also get them to change this bit - which is patently illogical and misrepresents the actual postion.

Under section 143 (1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - The a keeper should know at all times who is driving a vehicle and to ensure they are insured, if a keeper allows a vehicle to be driven without insurance they are guilty of a criminal offence - By stating many people have access to a vehicle and as a result the defendant can not state who had it any one given date/time then they are confirming they did not know who was driving and therefore cannot be certain the vehicle was insured.

the keep erjust doesn't have to know of the insured drivers were driving the car just that they are insured - and insured drivers doesn't just mean those on the RKs policy. many polices allow other drivers with the keepers permission so there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of potential drivers out there with valid insurance.

And the RK is under NO obligation whatsoever to respond to a PPC with the details of whosoever may have been driving the car in any case.

So the above italicised quote is just a meaningless bluff in an attempt to get people to 'cough up'. Like much of the rest of the page.

Is CPS part of the BPA ?

Oh and tell Perky that he needs to check the e-trading regs - his site looks non compliant and he may wish to fix it before someone reports it. His legal team can look at it I suppose.

Link to previously hightlighted section of UKCPS website here:

UKCPS Car Park Management

Don't know if UKCPS is part of the BPA or not, although they certainly do sport the BPA logo on their website.

BTW UKCPS is a different outfit than our Wolverhampton friends, this lot are based in Huddersfield.

• 1 year later...

I received a ticket for £75 on my windshield from UKCPS for parking near a shop close to where I live in Rothwell. The guy who runs this company apparently lives on this street and calls it a private road. Whether it is or not is unknown to me as I presumed I was parking on land owned by the shop.

I have searched and found no evidence that this is privately owned...

Street Register

After reading all the details about this company on here I feel they dont have the legal right to charge me. Is this correct??

Edited by stilleddiesangel

As far as the ticket is concerned, they wouldn't have the right to charge you whether you were parked in a private road, public road, car park, or even on the moon! It's an invoice for an extortionate amount of money that you are under no obligation to pay.

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

Hi stilleddiesangel, what you have from UKCPS is a nice bit of paper to keep as a reminder of what you were doing that day at that time. They will send you further reminders of this initial reminder just in case it slips your memory. They are such generous guys that they will even pay £2.50 to obtain your home address and this will allow them to post them to your home. Some might even have a red & white checked border!!!!

File them away in case you ever need to prove where you were at that precise time. Although they do ask for payment for this reminder service, both they and we know only a fool would pay.

I found this forum after I had left this message on their site, not giving my address btw... (I wish I had found this forum first)

I believe this ticket was left in error as I was parked on One

Stop property during the 3 mins of my time there. No road was blocked,

emergency services would have been able to enter and exit side road without

obstacle and there was no inconvenience to any other motorist or resident. I

am legally querying this ticket. Thank you.

Their reply was....

Thank you for your email

The area you were parked (off Leadwell Lane Rothwell) is indeed private

land. It does not belong to the 'One Stopshop' but to the many residents of

the properties on that street. Signage at the entrance to the site and

throughout its length clearly indicates that it is for permit holders only

or for those who wish to pay £75 for the privilege of using those

facilities. As the driver it is your responsibility to take heed of all

signage. You entered into a contract. This contract is fully legal and can,

if necessary, be enforced in the courts.

You may have seen some of the Internet forums which offer advice to

motorists over parking issues. Please be wary of the advice offered on these

forums. It is not advice from lawyers and certainly is not advice that can

be upheld by the many court decisions which have gone in UKCPS's favour. We

can supply you with details of these cases and indeed some of the forum

postings clearly indicate the cases that have been settled in our favour

in-spite of forum advise offered to the defendant indicating they can ignore

the parking charge.

Payment can be made online at ukcps.net/payonline or by phone 01132456080 .

Please allow 24hrs from now so that ticket details can be entered onto our

systems.

Peter Haswell

Office Manager

UKCPS Ltd

0113 2456080

I think even with the best will in the world, £25 per minute is slightly excessive for a parking fee. The ticket says Leadwell Lane and Leadwell Lane is a public road as per LCC. If they want money from me for this, they can take me to court. I signed no contract, I certainly didnt agree to any contract.

I am a single parent on a very low income. The saying "blood and stone" springs to mind. This has had me in tears. I dont have that kind of money.

"......the many court decisions which have gone in UKCPS's favour"

I wonder why they haven't enrolled on this site and listed, er, say, ten of "the many" ?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

"......the many court decisions which have gone in UKCPS's favour"

I wonder why they haven't enrolled on this site and listed, er, say, ten of "the many" ?

Sam

DAVIES - UKCPS (November 2009)

UKCPS - KHAN (Leeds 2008)

UKCPS - OCKENDEN (SCARBOROUGH FEB 2009)

are three to start with. Plus others settled in our favour by mediation

Edited by peternet
grammar

You may have seen some of the Internet forums which offer advice to

motorists over parking issues. Please be wary of the advice offered on these forums.

I like this very much! Shows how much these companies are getting narked by the widespread advice available online! :D

It is not advice from lawyers and certainly is not advice that can

be upheld by the many court decisions which have gone in UKCPS's favour.

I seem to remember there are a very large number of legally qualified people offering advice on this and other motoring forums.

We can supply you with details of these cases and indeed some of the forum postings clearly indicate the cases that have been settled in our favour in-spite of forum advise offered to the defendant indicating they can ignore the parking charge.
Must be referring to the "nobbled" posting by Simon7685 a couple of years ago. Obviously scripted, and used as a very transparent piece of propaganda.

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

Well, as they have conveniently confirmed in their email answer to you they are not the owners of the land. Seeing as only the owners can enter into a contract with a driver, they are confirming they have no legal right to demand these monies.

If you want some entertainment keep emailing them, post the replies here. If you can manage to get a proper address out of them it will be of interest.

Meanwhile report them to companies house, cause I bet a pound to a penny they don't have a full address on the ticket they left you (po box doesnt cut it).

Meanwhile report them to companies house, cause I bet a pound to a penny they don't have a full address on the ticket they left you (po box doesnt cut it).

You need to talk to the compliance section of Companies House.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The address on the note is indeed a PO Box number in Huddersfield. What difference does that make?

The main thing for me is that this ticket says Leadwell Lane and on investigation, that road is public. Therefore this ticket is void. As for a possible CCJ, I dont have a credit rating anyways so it makes no odds to me.

Also, it says on the parking notice charge that unauthorised removal or interference is an offence. How is it an offence if it's not police issued? Unauthorised by who?

road-search.jpg

Hi

The area of land stilleddiesangel parked on is private - that is well established - the actual precise name is not that important - land registry maps will indicate the private status of the land. We have sent stilleddiesangel images of her vehicle parked adjacent to very clear signage indicating the contract terms she entered into by parking there. perhaps she could post those images (?).

The parking charge notice placed on her vehicle is an invoice with a nominal value of £75 - therefore unauthorised removal is theft - that is a police matter.

I await stilleddiesangel's response with interest. Ours will be to accept payment or to take necessary action to recover the monies owing - this is a very clear case of entering a contract and failing to abide with the terms of that contract (of course we are still within the initial period to settle the invoice before late payments are incurred).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. This is the first time I have posted on here. Well done to all who successfully defeat these [problematic]. I received a ticket a few months ago and as this forum says, I got 4 or 5 letters which I binned. This morning I received a letter from "Court Proceedings Limited London" who I assume are a debt collection agency. They threatened me with £325???? I am a little worried. What should I do next please???

• 2 years later...

hi, just wanted to reitterate what most are saying ..please dont pay these highway robbers.(at least dick turpin wore a mask) lol....i have today received my first notification of ukcps in what will be likely a six or seven part series...this is the fourth time of dealing with these irritants .please dont pay them .dont be intimidated by them and laugh at them ...i actually rang them lAST YEAR AND TAUNTED THEM , DARING THEM TO TAKE ME TO COURT ... NEEDLESS TO SAY , THEY NEVER . i look on there little parking attendants as kind of car park security gaurds now, its all they are fit for .. haha...serioudly tho ..anyone getting a ticket of these scurge of society , please dont pay .they are just trying it on . four times ive had them and nowt never happens . they are a joke