data protection act - default

pebs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a company fails to provide you with a true signed copy of your CCA and a copy of the original default notice and the account is settled and they will not remove the default is there anything you can do?

They (studio) have sent a letter to say in order to comply with your request under the CCA we have sent you a sample.

Also on this "sample" under T&C`s there is nothing about passing details on to CRA`s so surely they are breaking the data protection act :confused:

If a company fails to provide you with a true signed copy of your CCA and a copy of the original default notice and the account is settled and they will not remove the default is there anything you can do?

They (studio) have sent a letter to say in order to comply with your request under the CCA we have sent you a sample.

Also on this "sample" under T&C`s there is nothing about passing details on to CRA`s so surely they are breaking the data protection act :confused:

Hello Pebs,

There is a section in the legalites forum regarding Data Protection Act and default issues, maybe have a read on there and ask the question.

Data Protection and Default Issues

I think and this is my opinion that they have under the data protection act a responsibility to retain all data held on you for 6yrs after the account was settled.

Oh and don't forget they will say anthing to put you off your mission:roll:

Good luck:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Success!!! :D :D

After trying to get this company to remove default since November, and they had refused, I sent them the data protection letter last wednesday.

Just logged on to equifax..........and its gone!!!

It just goes to show if you persevere you will get there in the end. :D