Yearly rail card confiscated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To the best of my understanding, you haven't committed an offence since you didn't attempt to travel. However, your sister's partner has committed an offence as the season ticket may only be used by the person that it was purchased by or for, which is why it must be accompanied by a photo i.d. card. The season ticket must also carry the number of the appropriate i.d. card. The request for comments from the Transport Police is more likely to be an attempt to find out how he acquired the season ticket in the first place which would be necessary before prosecution takes place, which is very likely in the circumstances.

As far as a replacement is concerned, I would put it down to experience and thank the lucky stars that there was only one month left and not 10.

The price of an annual season ticket is based on 40 times the weekly travel rate, so in effect you get three months free travel as the benefit of purchasing an annual ticket. What you have lost is one month of the three that you were given free. You have still had the full value of the ticket. You won't be given a replacement, nor are you likely to see the old one given back as it is evidence in criminal proceedings.

My suggestion would be that you buy a new annual season starting from whenever, learn from the mistake that you made and be thankful that it could have been a LOT worse for you financially.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Your season ticket is non transferable, that is stated in the conditions of travel. The ticket remains the property of the train operating company, and you wont get it back.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: