Dfs * Insurance On Sofa *

Silver Samsung

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, :) I bought a sofa from DFS and was advised at the time to take out Insurance on the sofa at the time of purchase. I was asked if I had children or pets and at the time I had 1 child and 1 dog. I now have 2 children and still 1 pet.

I was told at the time that the Insurance would cover ink on the sofa from kids drawing on it and if I spilled a glass of wine on it that was also covered.

I recently phoned my local store where I bought the sofa from to get some one out to get some damage repaired that had been done to my sofa.

But when I made enquires about the Insurance that I had I was told it did not cover this. :confused:

Is there any one I Can take this complaint to ? am I covered under the sales of goods act of 1978 ? can I take Court Action ?

Just a few Questions:

How was it paid for?

I take it you bought it in-store?

do you have or were you given copies of documents?

When did you buy it?

Hello gyzmo, :-) I am still paying for the sofa as I got it on 2 years free credit, and I bought it in store. Yes i do have paperwork just got to find it up, but i know i have all the paperwork and i bought it June or July time.

Hello - sorry for the wait. First thing to do is check that all your documents are in order - check they are valid etc. If they are, then your only real chance is misrepresentation. Unfortunately, in the absence of witnesses or physical evidence, then you will have some difficulty. You could approach them and ask the guy who sold it to you if he remember telling you about the cover available. If he confirms, then you've got them - but it might be slog.

Thanks for getting back to me :) I will go to DFS and have a look for the salesman who told me about this Insurance. But if i dont get any luck is there any one i can write to or can i take them to the small claims court:idea:

You can, but it comes down to a mater of proof. Did you receive an insurance policy? If so, they may say that you have had a chance to read it and did not cancel / query this. Even if not, if the shop denies saying what they have said, then it is your word against theirs. If you do wish to proceed though, then it would be a complaint to head office then (I think) to the FOS. You may also have a claim against the credit card company. But like I said - it's proof that counts and without proof its a near impossible task to win.

• 4 weeks later...

Insurance runs out April I have tryed again but was told not covered and if i go back to DFS it's my word against the salesman, so not gonna bother.

But it's a lesson i have learnt and hope many others do after reading this. icon11.gif