• Tweets

• Ok. Thanks.  I will put my head to this now.
    • Get a 2nd opinion ASAP. Dealerships are notorious for saying that cars need brakes/tyres when they don't. Take it to someone completely independent and get their opinion.
    • nothing to do with any warranty. consumer rights act or contract law claim. dx
    • Thank you for the response; I'm very grateful for the help and i'm open to all feedback. I'm afraid I don't understand what is meant by properly declared and valued? On the Evri app, when completing the process of sending a parcel, I did declare that I was sending a 'watch' and gave the full value of the watch (£429.99). I'm not an online seller if that helps. The parcel contained my own personal watch; a Garmin which cost £474.99 (inclusive of 'protect plus insurance' from John Lewis of £45). The £45 Protect Plus insurance from John Lewis covers the Garmin watch, and as they have lost it, it is no longer valid. So i'm adding that to the total claim.  It was a birthday gift bought for me this Jan/Feb by my partner.    Re: understanding of Parcel delivery insurance; "Part 1 Chapter 4 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 means I have a legal right to expect that any service I’ve paid for should be carried out with reasonable care and skill". So I understood from this that I have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that protect me, regardless of not choosing to purchase their insurance protection.        
    • HI all, I work for a company who offers a review service for large companies, whereby customers can review products and/or services and the reviews appear on the companies own site My job, along with roughly 10 others, is to moderate those reviews. We're all on a zero hours contract, we do work as and when it's available. The way the system works is for every 120 reviews we moderate, we get paid the equivalent of the basic minimum wage, so £11.44 per 120 reviews. If this were a steady supply of reviews, it could be a decent income, but it's not, so you end up spending a lot of time doing nothing and not being paid for it, such is life For the last 3 months or so they've had an issue whereby a lot of reviews were duplicated up to 15 times and we were told to moderate those as we would normal reviews, You can imagine how many reviews we've been having to moderate, my moderated review count was probably around 4x the number I normally do, almost throughout the entirety of June this was going on for. being quite excited about the prospect of a boost in income, to me and other mods surprise and shock, we're not being paid for all those extra hours and work done, for the past 3 months when the issue started.. We're only being paid for the non duplicate reviews, plus 5% on top. In my case, instead of receiving around £1500ish for the month of June, I'm only receiving around £500 I mean, I get it, marking each of these duplicates was very quick/easy, as it was a repeat decision from the previous 14, but to let us do all that work and not pay us for it?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

bailiff harrassment and threatening behaviour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have decided to start a new thread as i posted under another thread and was advised to start a new one.

basically my partner has a quite substantial debt of council tax which is about 1'700. we have had a few visits from rossendales and have paid the bailiff £600 last year and then they refused anything other than payment in full. they have been adding costs of £60+ per visit. as of december we decided to pay the council direct and then sent a letter complaning that they had broken many rules set out in the OFT 664 and asked for a repayment plan. we sent the first payment with the letter. they cashed the cheque but never responded. we paid another cheque in february.

my probkem is an incident that occurred on the 27/02/08.

i was at home with my 2 yr old when there was a knock on the door. i thought i was a parcel i was waiting for and went to answer it. before i got there the door opened and and man stepped int my hallway. i asked him to leave and he said no. i quickly flashed an ID badge and by now was standing in my front room doorway. my 2 yr old saw the opened child gate and went upstairs into the bathroom and she closed the door. i started to panic as there is bleach and razors in there. the bailiff said i could go sort my daughter out but didnt move out of the doorway. i screamed at him to leave and all he did was start writing down my goods. i tried calling my partner but to no avail. my daughter was screaming upstairs by now and still the bailiff did not move. i said i would call the police and he basically said that they couldnt do nothing as i had let him in which i DID NOT and that it was my word against his. i rang a friend to come over as i basically felt like a prisoner and feared for my child. as soon i phoned my friend and said that they were on their way round he handed me a paper and said it was a distress warrant( doesnt look official) and left. as he left he said he would be back tomorrow to remove all my goods even though he wrote 5 on the WPO which i havent signed. he also said that as i had previously let a bailiff in then he had every right to be in my house. i have never let any bailiff in my house and can only assume that the list that this bailiff had made was made by looking through my window. i am that scared that as soon as my partner went to work today i grabbed my daughter and went to my sisters for the day. too scared to be in house by myself now.

what would my next step be legally. i want to make a formal complaint but dont know who to. didnt go to police as its his word against mine.

if anyone has advice it would gratefully be received.

sorry about long post.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

The bailiff can lawfully walk inside your property provided he didnt push you aside or apply force to a door or window. But, hallway? is this the hallway to your actual dwelling? or the hallway of a communal area of a block of flats? pls clarify.

The bailiff at this point can now charge you a walking possessions fee because he has come inside your home and into contact with your goods. He's not interested in taking them, he just wrote them down while standing inside so he can now legitimately charge a walking possession fee. He doesn't need a signature.

The law: Regulation 45(2) Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 says a prescribed maximum for a walking possession fee is £10+VAT, if he has charged you more then you can make a complaint (checklist) & put him in front of the judge to explain why he overcharged you - plus - defrauding someone in this way is a criminal offence.

Go to a police station and report that you have been defrauded by a bailiff under Section 2(1)(b)(i) and Section 4(1)©(i) of the Fraud Act 2006. Take evidence including the bailiff’s receipt, printout of the relevant fee schedule and the law. If the police fob you off with the - it’s a civil matter – excuse or say insufficient evidence or it doesn’t fit the criteria to be considered for criminal prosecution, then get the name of the officer and file a complaint of misfeasance with the IPCC.

I appreciate this wont be easy, if you can muscle the means, then pay the council off in cash and get a receipt, go to their office with your account number and do this asap and preferably take a witness, if the council is uncooperative then file a complaint of misfeasance with the LGO.

If you know the name of the bailiff then check his credentials, if you find an irregularity then report back here and we'll advise with further options.

it is our house hallway which is literally 5ft by 3ft so as he opened the door i was literally pushed behind it. i did try to push it forward but he was too strong for me.

although i would rather he never came in my concern and problem is that he had no regard for the safety of my daughter and stood in the only doorway that allowed me access to her for 20mins. i actually felt like a prisoner in my front room. the bill isn't even mine it is my partners. i have repeatedly asked them to call after 4pm or before 9am as my partner is not in yet they only ever seem to turn up between 12 and 3pm.

another point is that a few items that he wrote down aren't ours as our house is rented and came part furnished.

Guest Screw The Bailiff
it is our house hallway which is literally 5ft by 3ft so as he opened the door i was literally pushed behind it. i did try to push it forward but he was too strong for me.

Thats good enough for a Form 4 complaint. The bailiff cannot use force of any sort against you to enter a property let alone force the door pusing you aside.

another point is that a few items that he wrote down aren't ours as our house is rented and came part furnished.

The bailiff has levied incorrectly by siezing goods that do not belong to the debtor. Add that to the Form 4.

Ask the bailiff to refund the Walking possession fee with this letter before sending Form 4 to the court.

If you really need to get him off your back, you could just screw the bailiff by paying him with a credit card and sort it out later.

If you have a serious complaint about a bailiff you are entitled to file a Form 4 complaint about the bailiff to the County Court that certificated him.

I have provided further details of this process in the sticky section.

Many Judges are taking these cases very seriously indeed.........just today a bailiff from Drakes Group had his Bailiff's Certificate taken away from him.....

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am new here and I am struggling to figure out how to use this site and how to start new threads. If the staff who work on here could please link my posts into one thread as I am in deseperate need of help and advice. I have tried to figure out how to do this but I cannot find out how to do this. I am new and confused and I need help putting a stop to Rossendales thugs.

Regards

Jellytot777. Go to Devon & Cornwall police web site which advises on how the police should act when a bailiff enters unlawfully as this one did. Then report this to the police. They will have to investigate. If the bailiff states to them that you 'inivited him in' then you will know that he is a liar as well as a thug. More importantly, he will realise that you know. He won't be so keen to come back with the knowledge that the police are already suspicious of him and that you are more world wise. Do remember that he is only a private citizen with no right of entry into your hose.

For more information see our posting (5) on Rossendales thread

Edited by Fair-Parking
Correction of ID