• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

o2 Broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this forum is for consumer issues, but I would just like to tell you all of the fantastic service I received when I signed up with o2 broadband.

Not only is it the cheapest ive come across (£7.50 a month unlimited for o2 mobile phone contract holders, £12 without) but it also offers a free phone 0800 24 hours help line. (which I have not yet had to use)

It took 6 days from ordering to installation, and o2 kept me up to date the whole time via sms text messages to my mobile. I could even text them back to change my delivery date of my wireless box! It arrived on the correct day and within the requested time band.:eek:

Installation was simple and easy and I've not yet had any problems.

If you are thinking of changing ISP's I would definitely recommend o2.

And before you say it, no I do not work for o2, but on a forum board that is full of issues and shocking examples of service, I thought it would be nice to mention the companies that actually value customer service and get it right.

It is nice to hear when something works well. It's not just O2 though, millions of users with all the companies are having no problems. Now and then though a problem comes to light and it's hard work getting sorted, that also goes for all the companies.

Just to back up the OP. We moved to o2 just weeks ago from a hell of a time from AOL and o2 fall over themselves to help you good or bad. We had some teething problems after connection and they cant do enough for you. Also not sure if its all o2 mobile customers or not but we have o2 pay as you go mobiles have done for years and they sent us an email the other week saying from our next bill we were getting the reduced rate £7.50 and we have never had an o2 contract phone.

Im hoping they keep expanding because we are due to move soon but they dont do the area we are moving to at the moment, fingers crossed they do by the time we move or start to not long after moving because other companies we have tried in the past just cant compare.

They havent really been in the market long for broadband apparently but if they go on as they have started with excellent customer service etc then I dare say they will become very popular.

I also recently moved to O2 after a horrific experience with Pipex - which is of course still ongoing (I can see the benefit of Direct Debits now though after they removed over £200 from my account which they had no entitlement to! Bank gives back the money, and I cancel the DD! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, O2 have been fantastic. Extremely good speeds, cust service and tech support who answer almost immediately and are extremely friendly and helpful - and moreover with the tools and experience to actually resolve problems. Had a few disconnection issues on the first night of being connected, and they asked permission to connect to my router remotely, did so, adjusted the noise ratio on the router, and it's been connected ever since with no issues!

I'm actually now thinking of moving my mobiles over to them as well - I regularly have issues on Vodafone PAYG, and O2 have so far blown me away. Let's hope it doesn't fall apart in a years time ;)

Guest shaff

HEY ALL!

Its fantastic to hear all the good reviews about o2. I myself have just moved over from ticali hell and amazed too. It does help that i work for the braodband team at o2. Whopeee!

We are regretfully having to cancel our beloved o2 broadband because its moving time and they still dont yet do the area we are moving to. However they are being great about it because they cant supply us in the new area so are letting us cancel using the 100 day money back guarantee, we were just happy to cancel but at least the cash can go towards paying greedy BT for broadband. Technically BT is the only viable choice for the area we are moving to. Id rather eat rusty nails than go with BT etc but what choice do you have when you need the internet.

I hope im not back in a few weeks complaining about BT, wont hold my breath though.

o2 PLEASE hurry and expand your network coverage in Derbyshire! *begs on knees*

• 2 weeks later...

I just moved to o2 a couple of weeks ago from AOHell and i cannot rate them high enough, free helpline, average d/l speed- 13mb/s, free mcafee security suite (AOL charge £2.50 a month for the same thing) and not had any connection issues, yet. Can't recommend them highly enough.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

o2 PLEASE hurry and expand your network coverage in Derbyshire! *begs on knees*

o2 are aiming to get their kit in 95% of the exchanges by the end of May, with the rest by end of year.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

o2 have taken the best of what the competition provide and improved on it.

This was helped by their acquisition of Be, as a great deal of the infrastructure was already in place throughout the country. Add to that everything is UK based - in Glasgow, and available on a freephone number 24/7/365.

One good thing about the broadband service is that if you choose a higher speed package than 8 meg, a line test is done 10 days after connection to ensure you are getting the higher speeds, if it transpires that you are not o2 will automatically reduce the price of the package to that of the speeds you are getting.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

• 11 months later...

I've O2 broadband for almost 12 months now and have had no problems with the service other than a few disconnects when the service was first installed but a quick call to their freefone support line and it was fixed. I would recommend them to anyone looking for fast and truly unlimited broadband.

O2 have set the standard that the other providers need to match.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds interesting: the package I am interested in:

O2 standard broadband: £7.34

Bt anytime phone: £4.95

BT line rental: £11.25

Total monthly: £23.43

Competes quite well against Talk Talk (just slightly higher)

The only problem is I am not a customer of O2 mobile ;-)

What is the cheapest way of being a O2 customer benefiting from the broadband offer?

• 4 months later...

I've had a great service with them until today.

We moved home, two miles from previous home to a place that uses the same exchange.

O2 say they don't have kit at the exchange (!??!) and have to use BT equipment (!?!) and that our monthly bill is now £17 per month instead of seven. This is in the T&Cs apparently, but all I can find is:

11.3. If your broadband package is not available at the new address you will be automatically moved to another available package which is provided at the same price or the next lowest price.

And we're not allowed to leave the contract without charge apparently, even though O2 can't supply the same as before...

any one kno when there sopposed to be kitting out the larne exchange in northern ireland as we was told last year it would be in a few months and guess what year later where still paying £17.50 a month.

to be honest i cant fault them for service etc and even free phone tec sopport we only get around 200kb so may move broadband services as its very expencive for the speed we get

• 2 months later...

So this is the O2 love-in forum!

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm but I moved from BT to O2 in July 09, went fine and started off ok but my wireless Lan has never worked well since I moved. I think the Thompson routers are to blame. I keep losing the wireless connection many times a day. O2 support have suggested a few things to remedy it but it hasn't improved. Yesterday the ysent a replacement router (Another Thompson but this time a bigger one with 2 aerials. Installed ok but still got the same rubbish wireless connection. The signal strength shows as excellent or very good on our 3 laptops at home. Then the new router decided to go faulty and finally reset it self minus any WPA security. I ended up putting the older router back in, Tried contacting O2 3 times on the phone and via their chat window without success. Sent them loads of emails which they've not replied to.

And to top all this in the last 3 weeks I'm seeing mega problems accessing many of the popular websites like BBC, GMX mail, google maps and so on. They asked me to enter some manual DNS addresses which I did but haven't helped.

So I'm beginning to get somewhat dis-illusioned with O2 broadband after 4 months of problems and I've given them 7 days to fix my problems or I'll be going back to BT despite the higher price charged by BT.

I must say their helpdesk are courteous and helpful and they try hard. But they are becoming harder to contact and have not fixed these continuous problems. So beware, my guess is they've overstretched their resources with 600,000 new customers.:confused:

Steve

i have to say i have gone sour to o2 now one thing is throw the thompson router in the bin i went back to my old trusty netgear had a software well firmware update to do the adsl2 from next year.

it never drops the signal now and gets better speed.

also like you now last two weeks has seen problems with google maps and proboards forums.

also windows updates are now at a crawl too

You have my sympathies. They didn't call back today when they were supposed to. I think the service is going to rat sh**t.

If they could fix the website connectivity problems I'd stay and buy a decent router. In fact my old Dlink might still be in the loft!! Helpdesk said they did have network problems when I spoke to them early this week. I think it meant there was difficulty accessing DNS servers but surely not for several weeks? The CEO was on breakfast BBC this morning patting himself on the back. He'd best leave while he's on a high!!

See ya