Jacobs Bailiffs- help Luton Borough Council CTAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As an avid memeber of this website, I saw that alot of people have had dealings with council tax problems. I am at the minute having trouble with jacobs. I requested a balance from Luton Borough council to see how much left I owe them, this way I can work out how much is charges from the bailiffs. I have had no reply from them. I want topay directly to luton borough council, is this possible and can jacobs chase me for the charges.

All help is appreciated.

Many thanks

lesley

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Not only is it possible, its the best way to go. Once you have paid the council in full, any Liability Order they have against you is cancelled and the bailiffs can no longer chase the debt. Any fees they then claim you owe them become an ordinary debt, which they would have to try and prove to a court, which is extremely unlikely.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

If you can get the means, take cash and your account reference to the council tax office and get a receipt. If the council is uncooperative them file a complaint of misfeasance with the LGO.

Make a copy of the receipt and write a letter from this template. If the bailiff turns up, DO NOT open the door to him, ALWAYS speak through a window and throw him a COPY of the receipt and the letter & ask them to leave. Keep your home secure until this issue is resolved.

If you can show the debt is paid the bailiffs are scuppered.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

A bailiff cannot take any car until the final payment on his finance agreement has been made. The bailiff can only levy on the goods belonging to the person named on the laibility order.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Find out how the council has made up the debt. It could be that its an accruing debt.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

the council may have added more to the debt since handing it to bailiffs. the amount on a liability order (this is what the bailiff will enforce) might be less than the amount you now owe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi spoke to Luton borough council who wouldnt speak to me about it, they said I had to deal with the bailiffs, so I sent them a letter offering payment, which they accepted but they said that they are going to sent someone round to levy to secure the debt. Can they do this? I obviously wont let them in but they said they would add extra charges

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

I would suggest writing to them to say that you are happy to enter into a payment arrangement but that you feel that it is very irresponsible of you to allow a bailif to enter your home and to sign a Walking Possession.

The reason being, that to do so will incur you in fees and charges that you will find diifficult to repay, in particular that you have now received your new Council Tax bill.

You could also say that you wish to ensure that any money that you have available is put towards reducing you arrears instead of paying to bailiffs and that you are sure that the council will understand this !!!

THEY WON'T.....