• Tweets

• Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
    • If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

capital one charges. help!

xxorlsxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

had a c/card with cap 1 and for reasons i wont bore you with i never made any payments back to them, (not good i know), anyway they have long since sold the debt to a dca and what started as a £200 debt is now a£900 debt, cap 1 had been adding charges that were unlawful untill they sold the debt.

Once i have paid the dca the £900 can i claim the money back from cap 1 as their charges have been proved unlawful? Should i SAR them?

cheers xxorlsxx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can reclaim the charges prior to you paying the debt off (if you wish to do it that way) and the removed charges would reduce the debt.

I would also send the DCA a CCA request to ensure they ahve a legal right to collect on the debt.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks Tiglet,

yes i did send the dca a cca and they have sent it to me, but they took more than the legally allowed time of 40+2 days, can i do anything about this?

Also do i contact the dca and tell them that im going to reclaim the charges from cap 1?......cheers, xxorlsxx

Hi as tiglet say you can reclaim charges now. You will need to check if DCA has bought the debt or is assigned by crap1 to recover the debt for them. If the debt is still owned by cap1 you will need to start proceedings then cap1 will acknowledge the claim say they will defend in full then payout in approx 4 weeks. I believe it's the same process with DCA they will try to say they only bought the rights to the debt not the obligations IE the right to collect the debt not payout any claim. That is a load of crap of course if they own the debt the own the obligations.

I am not sure how you tell if a DCA owns the debt I have been lucky in that I have only had to deal with OC not DCA. If you you hit any problems you will get loads of help on CAG

all the best dpick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ran up a debt with Capital 1 and now a DCA are on to me, the problem is that although i made no payments to cap 1 they added charges, so now i want those charges taken off the debt before i make any arrangement to pay them off, as the DCA own the debt (and they do i checked ) do i SAR the DCA or CAP 1?

Thanks, XXORLSXX.

Hi All,

Cap1 have passed on my debt to a dca who now own it ( i checked),

so im gonna S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) cap1 and pay the dca off, can anyone give me the address of Cap1 to send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)?

And also, im gonna pay by P.O. do i make it payable to capital one bank?

cheers xxorlsxx.

Hi all

Ive just got the address of Capital one so i can sar them, i had to laugh when i found out that their address(loxley house) is linked to englands favourite outlaw Robin Hood who folklore has it stole from the rich and gave to the poor......the irony eh..

LOL xxorlsxx

You need to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Capital one, and make it payable to Cap 1.

Here is the address you need.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/19550-capital-one-data-protection.htmlu

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ive never seen a statement from them as i was out of the country, but the original debt was £200 and the dca wants £650 so i'd guess that they(cap1) have certainly added charges. Thanks for the link Sea-sidelady.

OK are you able to scan/photo it and post it up on here for some opinion ? (obviously cross out all the personal details, account numbers etc)...not sure exactly about what happens if they find it after the prescribed time...

Hi 42man,

Thanks for your quick reply, unfortunately i dont have a scanner but i can get my hands on a camera so i'll take a pic and post it, i must say though that the copy of the cca looks kosher and it has my signature on it, my problem with them is really their notice of assignment letter wich is just a letter on their own headed paper saying 'this letter acts as the notice of assignment' I thought that a notice of assignment was a letter from the creditor to the dca giving them the legal right to collect the debt? am i wrong?

Cheers...

Part of the procedure is that the original creditor must send you a letter saying the debt had been assigned to....(DCA)....I believe that there have been a few legal cases on here where the case has been thrown out because one wasn't sent....you would also never see the assignment from the OC to the DCA.....

As for the CCA this might help you...

reproduced courtesy of Peter Bard...

CCA RULES FOR PRESCRIBED TERMS

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT

8.2 What if prescribed terms are missing or incorrect?

s127(3) provides that the court may not make an enforcement order unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor – see Q1.21.

If therefore any of the prescribed terms is missing, or incorrect, the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor, and the court is precluded from making an enforcement order.

8.3 What are the prescribed terms?

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

* amount of credit – see Q8.

* credit limit – see Q8.5

* repayments – see Q8.9.

* rate of interest – see Q8.6

Sch 6 was not amended by the 2004 Regulations.

They need to keep documents such as a copy of the agreement for 6 years after the closure of the account to comply with money laundering legislation.

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(0) AND 127(3) OF THE

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 Taken from sced.6(1983/1553) regulations

(If you just want to find out, skip the bits in between the stars it’s just some extra information)

**What do we mean by unenforceable?

In the Consumer Credit Act section 127 there is a provision for making an agreement unenforceable if it does not contain certain pieces of information.

Subsections 1,2,3,4 state which pieces of information these are, and everything mentioned there must be included within the body of the agreement, if one is missing the agreement is unenforceable.

How does unenforceable differ from enforceable with a court order only?

When an agreement is unenforceable it means that the court or the judge cannot make a ruling on it. The court cannot make it enforceable.

When an agreement is enforceable only by ruling of the court it means that the agreement can be stopped by the debtor but the court has the power to re-instate it and allow the credit to continue to enforce.**

The Prescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------

Which of these applies to you depends on the type of agreement you have?

For a Running Account (credit card) agreement

BC and D Apply

For a Restricted Use Debtor Creditor Supplier

• Where the dealer is the supplier and the creditor is the one providing the finance.
  • The money can only be used for the purpose it is given.
  • There is no interest on the purchase (the cash price is the same as the total price)
  • And there is no advance payment

A is applicable

For a fixed Sum Credit Agreement

A conventional credit agreement with none of the above restrictions

A and B apply

For a Hire Agreement

B is Applicable

This paper only covers section 127(3) of the Act agreements can also be unenforceable by contravention of sections 1 and4 this will be the subject of the next paper.

Please note that these Prescribed terms where not changed in any way by the 2004/1482 Ammendments although the form in which they appear on the agreement was. Subsection127(3) was repealed on the 6th of April 2007 so that unenforceability due to 127(3) will only apply to agreemens executed before that date.

• Haha 1

Hi All,

I've got my cca from Cap1 but i've heard that the cca must have certain info on it to make it binding, one of these is the credit limit, my cca just says 'THE CREDIT LIMIT WILL BE DETEMINED BY US FROM TIME TO TIME AND NOTICE OF IT WILL BE GIVEN BY US TO YOU'. I thought that it should have the limit on the cca in £s.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

after a dca wanted me to pay them what i owe to cap1 as they owned the debt (the dca owned it) plus the disproportionate charges cap1 had added, i S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d cap 1 for the details so i could pay the dca off using this money, i have now recieved notice that the dca has passed back the debt to cap1, has anyone got any idea why this has happened, could it be that cap1 has bought the debt back because i was going to get the charges refunded and pay the dca? or is there a more sinister motive? do you think they may offer me a deal? Any help or thoughts would be great, Cheers, xxorlsxx.