Please help me in removing a CIFAS entry in my credit report

*J*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have recently(a month ago) tried to open an account with Llyods TSB bank but got refused. I have checked my credit report and found thet Llyods has added a CIFAS entry of category 4. I have tried contacting them on phone and also been to the branch where I tried to open the account. But, unfortunately no one was ready to help me and find out why it has been added and morepver they are saying that it is not their job. I am bit worried as it will affect my credit scoring and will not be able to applu for any credit.

I have gone through some of the posts and found that we have to send a letter to Llyods to get the details. But I do nto know what to write and where to send the letter.

I would be grateful if someone can help me and let me know the format of the letter and address to post it.

Best Regards,

*J*.

Hi *J*.

A CIFAS marker on your credit report should not adversely effect your credit rating, and nor should it prevent you from obtaining further products or services for which a credit search is carried out. However any application is likely to be delayed as the lender or supllier has to make additional enquiries to verifiy your identity.

A category 4 marker is indicative of Application Fraud and is used when it is believed that the name on the application is correct but some of the other personnal details or other relevant information as false.

You are right that in order to have the CIFAS marker removed you have to write Lloyds, so the in branch and telephone staff who said it was none of their business were talking bull - they should have informed you of the correct complaints procedure to use.

I would probably write them a letter something along the lines of....

On {date} I made an application for a current account which was subsequently refused. This led me to obtain a copy of my Credit report from {name of CRA}. Upon examination of my Credit Report I noted that a CIFAS Category 4 marker had been added by yourselves.

As you will be aware a category 4 marker is indicative of Application Fraud and is defined as follows:

“Application Fraud (Facility Refused) — Use of a name reasonably believed to be genuine, but with one or more material falsehoods in personal details or other relevant information — the facility was refused”.

All the personal details given by myself when making my application to LloydsTSB were accurate and the application genuine, as such I am at a loss as to why this marker has been added to my Credit file. It is therefore my firm belief that this marker has been placed in error. Furthermore, as LloydsTSB is the CIFAS member who placed the CIFAS warning on my address, it is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of this data.

In order to resolve this issue and in accordance with CIFAS and the Fraud Prevention Agencies procedures I hereby request that you remove immediately, and without delay, this erroneous data entry. In the event that you feel you are unable to do this I require that you provide evidence that the application made by myself was fraudulent with full reasoning as to why a Category 4 marker was warranted.

In the event that a mutually satisfactory resolution to this issue cannot be reached then the complaint will be escalated to a formal complaint with CIFAS.

Yours Sincerely

*J*

...and send it to

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world