Ianfm v LloydsTSB ***SETTLED IN FULL***

ianfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sending an original request seems pointless as they are gauaranteed to send their standard response. Should it not be possible to go straight to LBA withmaybe giving them longer to respond than 14 days.

No. You need to allow 28 days for negotiation regardless of how many times you've been through the process. Obviously we all know what their response is going to be anyway, but thats not the point. If it did go to court (ok, so its very unlikely, but its going to happen one day) the judge would have expected every effort to have been made to avoid the litigation in the first place. A 28 day period with 2 attempts at solveing the matter would be seen as acceptable in the eyes of the court, anything less may not be.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Walgrave they really cut it fine this time.

It is pig headedness just as GaryH says. I have had some run ins with a few companies over the years (a natural born complainer) but I have never dealt with such an arrogant bunch of incompetents as LloydsTSB.

I am going for the second claim and I want to make sure it is done to the book so I will give them 28 days, by which time they will have added yet another months charges.

When SCM sent me the fax to say that Lloyds would not pay the charges back levied since my claim I responded by quoting the original offer they sent me which was made becuase “legal and other costs can easily exceed the amount in issue” and also the letter they sent to the Court in which they said they had made the offer as “a desire to keep costs to the minimum”.

Well I instructed SCM to go back to their Client and in their professional capacity to advise them to pay up the remaining charges and prevent further litigation because “legal and other costs can easily exceed the amount in issue” and they had “a desire to keep costs to the minimum”

Something that I will quote in Court should the second round get that far.

Needless to say Lloyds have not paid up or responded, except to send a letter saying I am overdrawn. (Another charge).

So I will write to them direct quoting their own words and give them 14 days, then an LBA and after 28 days off we go again.

But this time I intend to claim for unlawful charges and also put in my claim that had they not enforced the unlawful charges and also retaliated to my first claim by withdrawing my overdraft then the charges after my first claim would never have been applied, so not only are they unlawful, they should not even have been applied full stop.

When SCM sent me the fax to say that Lloyds would not pay the charges back levied since my claim I responded by quoting the original offer they sent me which was made becuase “legal and other costs can easily exceed the amount in issue” and also the letter they sent to the Court in which they said they had made the offer as “a desire to keep costs to the minimum”.

Full of it are'nt they? If they wanted to keep costs down, why not pay up months ago? I can't believe these cowboys are still getting away with blatently making a mockery of the justice system. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get whats coming in the end.

Yes, start a new thread for round two.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Congratulations...

I have also asked for extra monies. I turned down settlement conditions and told them that I will be putting in another claim for profit making levies they have taken from my account since claim. Again they just seem to be ignoring this. So I to will be going through the proceedure again.

In the mean time I hope they settle the first claim before Christmas...

Enjoy your money from the claim you have already received... Good-luck with your second claim.

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

mee too Ian, heard by phone today that they've now offered same with out the conditions attached..when I see it in the bank I'll post more,they refused my subsequent charges so I guess I've another claim starting soon, too..

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks