Northern Rock Credit Card Fee??

macymoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just noticed that on my Credit Card statement I am being charged £4 a month for the priviledge !!! I was unaware of this so phoned them up, apparently it started last August and I was informed by letter???

This is a Mortgage tracker card although we have not had a linked mortgage for over 5 years.

I asked If I could reclaim this fee as I was unaware it existed but was informed it is a "Non refundable charge".

What do I do now??

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Screw them under Section 3 of the Fraud Act 2006 for fraud by failing to disclose information.

Believe it or not It's a criminal offence. Dont be palmed off by the police with the -its a civil matter excuse, or insufficient evidence, or doesn't fit the criteria to be considered for criminal prosecution. The law doesn't set minimums to constitute a fraud.

Give it a whirl, see what comes.

Screw them under Section 3 of the Fraud Act 2006 for fraud by failing to disclose information.

Believe it or not It's a criminal offence. Dont be palmed off by the police with the -its a civil matter excuse, or insufficient evidence, or doesn't fit the criteria to be considered for criminal prosecution. The law doesn't set minimums to constitute a fraud.

Give it a whirl, see what comes.

What absolute nonsense....:rolleyes:

The Fraud Act is very wide in its ambit - that is done quite deliberately. It could potentially be used in a situation like this, but it is more than likely that other alternatives would be better. If you are sure that you have not been informed, then make a complaint to the company. If no satisfactory response, then take it to the FOS.