Credit File

Ronaldo2k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am currently taking Court Action vs Woolwhich and I have been put on hold till the test case.

However, I applied for a Loan last week and got rejected. When my credit file arrived, I found that I have a default with Woolwich.

I need to get this removed but the Guys on the phone were about as helpful as a piece of Wood.

Can anyone offer advice? Im aiming to get this resolved ASAP.

Regards

The Woolwich - Case being held by Court. £1700

Halifax - Case being held by Court. £800

Halifax Visa - 1st Request, Awaiting response. £800 + removal of default notice.

Natwest - LBA - £800.

Not much to go on here.

Have you rec'd a default notice ever? Who registered the default?When?

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Never received a default notice.

I sent a letter via recorded to Woolwich saying I want to close my account.

I didnt hear anything for four months then I was sent a letter saying that I owe £184 in charges.

Visited the bank, told them I had sent it recorded etc. To cut a long story short, I paid the £184 and closed the account.

When I acquired a copy of my Credit FIle, I have a level 8 status which means I have defaulted the account and it has been terminated by Woolwich.

I have sent a letter to Barclays Head office with my letter a copy of my Credit file. Just waiting to hear back now.

The Woolwich - Case being held by Court. £1700

Halifax - Case being held by Court. £800

Halifax Visa - 1st Request, Awaiting response. £800 + removal of default notice.

Natwest - LBA - £800.

In that case, you should read the Default Removal thread by CurlyBen. The creditor is obliged to send you a default notice (under the CCA74 act) before registering a default on your credit file.

There may be contraindications in the T&C's of your contract, so go through them carefully before starting.

CurlyBens method uses S10 & S12 of Data Protection, as under DPA the data the creditor shares with third parties must be accurate...If the default includes penalty charges they cannot be accurate.

Something to contemplate anyway.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.