Barclaycard - Is This A Valid Credit Agreement

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks both for your replys do you think i should send them the letter to proove they own the debt because i have not received anthing off barclays that the have sold it on your advise is most appriciated thanks:-)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be good to see if they have a deed of assignment, I would guess not tho - it would seem that Wescot are acting on behalf of Barclays

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

yes marjie u can either send the prove it letter or the go away in dispute with OC.

re the address.

I have spoke to them regarding a friend case and they have told me the Scotland address is for ppl in Scotland. They have also advised that if u would rather write to them then u need to send the letter to the office that wrote to u. if it was Scotland then write to Scotland.

marjie as ur letter has the Hull address on it it is best u write to Hull

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Its your call where you write to, my letters came from Hull, every reply went to Saltcoats and in every instance I got a reply within 3 working days (with Hull on the envelope) so everything was working fine

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Iam only telling marjie the info they told me. I only rang them to find out what they would accept from me to say i am acting on friends behalf. Thats when i asked when the woman asked why i explained when i googled the company the Scotland addy came up b4 the hull addy.

As far as Wescots Hull office are concerned they want u to write to hull if that is were the letter come from.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks for your replys:) i am sending westcot a proove it letter and barclays why they have passed it on to westcot while it in dispute i see what comes back and go from there thanks for all of your advise i will probeley need your advise again:lol:

Marjie: Just send Wescot the prove it letter for now.

It only becomes "in dispute" if Barclays didn't reply to your CCA request in the 12 days. Wether or not they did that you haven't said, but now they have sent you a CCA it is not in dispute.

I still think you should S.A.R Barclays to try and find out if the PPI was compulsary or not.

Hi,

This is my first posting and I hope that you will be able to help me.

Having heard of unenforceable CCA, I sent a letter to all of our credit/loan companies with a cheque for £1 requesting a certified copy of the original signed CCA.

Today, we have received a response from HSBC. We have had this card since 1992 when it was known as the Midland!

There response is as follows

'At present, we are unable to locate a copy of the original signed agreement. Under the Consumer Credit Legislation however, a copy of the agreement can either be a copy of the original signed aggrement or, in the case of an agreement containing a variation clause which has been exercised (as in the case of this card agreement), a copy of the current terms and conditions of the agreement as varied'

They have enclosed a copy of the current terms in compliance with the Cinsumer Credit Legislation, a copy of the original terms, a copy of the most recent notice of variation and a signed statement of accont (the most recent statement)

They have also returned our cheque for £1, saying that 'the bank is happy to waive any fee for this service'

As HSBC have confirmed that they cannot supply the original signed agreement are they within their rights to supply what they have done in it's place or is this unenforceable?

BB, Hi

Welcome to CAG... Its best that you start your own thread so you can get more focused help on your questions!!

Cheers...

about time.

Just a waiting game now marjie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all update :confused: i requested S.A.R for the above barclays/ master loan, today i have received S.A.R for the barclaycard very confused, do i have to request it again from master loan any advise please

I'd write to them again enclosing a copy of your original S.A.R request and ask them to send out the information previously requested and for the correct account number.

Thanks you so much will do:-)