captial one and there phone calls driving us mad

nasrcity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THey have 12 days to comply with a request under s78(1) of the CCA 1974 and 40 days to comply with a request under s7 of the DPA 1998. If they don't comply within those timesclales, don't resend but send them the releavnt non-compliance letter. Having started putting the pressure on, don't relent and let them get away with disregarding the law.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all just to let u all know . have been to see my solictor and she is now gonna take over with cap one . we have had more phone cals plus letters and no replies to our letter so she has said if they phone put the phone down and let me have any letters they send u and she will sort them once and for all nasrcity

for info:

I refused Capital Ones' goodwill gesture of 400 pounds as they did not take into any consideration my complaint against their use of telephone for harrassment (also phoned by workplace!). FOS been informed and they state they are busy and waiting for 'adviser' to investigate. Will inform you as soon as I know what outcome is as it may assist. I have unplugged my line but when it was plugged in and I answered nobody said a thing.. then again neither did I. I'll give them silent calls!

hi i sent crap1 a harrassment letter there phone calls stop after a few days ..nothing since ..im still awaiting my CCA request tho..they have another 3 wks to go b4 they commit a criminal offence..they also sent me a letter asking me fro my signature b4 sending my CCA ..(not a chance in hell :) ) cheeky bu...ers LOL

hi we have also had a letter from cap 1 wanting us to sign it i so they can copy and paste it we are not falling for that they have started there phone calls yet again so monday morning back on the phone to the solictor . the women who phoned us i think was indian and said ok i will phone again next week . so what im gonna do is just give the silent treatment on the phone

have you used the template letter about not having to sign for a CCA ?? every time i picked up the phone it was silent at the other end then just went dead ..after crap1 phone just after receiveing letter i just pick up asked who it was ..then said letters only..only for debitas to do the same ..LOL..they got the same response also..they are a pain in the butt...u would think they wud learn by now ..and yes most of them are indian ..the funny thing is ive come across george and mark ..they cant even speak english let alone have english names :)

yes i have used the template . i have had a letter every day this week with the same old crap we need u to sign this b4 we can deal with anythink . i alsop told one lot who phoned me i must inform u the call is being recorded for my proof of this call they put the phone down how funny they have names like geogre and mark . i must say they are very pushy and dont listen to what u have to say . so i also say if u dont want to listen to me i will end this call now put the phone down and they have phone straight away so thats when they are getting the silent treatment

• 3 weeks later...

hi all update well no cca YET plus calls have restarted 3-5 per day plus debt is now over 300 with there charges . trading standards have writen to them and the solictor but they just ignor them so when they phone we just put the phone down on them. any also paying them a token payment but they want more which we cant doanyone any more info would be of help thanks narcity

I'd get back in contact with trading standards and tell them what is going on now.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all 1st trading standards have now writen to them so far phone calls have stopped but i sent by recordered delivery and have proof they have recieved it afor a request for a cca now there time limit is up so i think im right in sending a default to them now . if so where can i find a template for a default can anyone advise