abbey mortgage redemption help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my friend changed her mortgage from Abbey about 3 years ago and has written asking that she wants to claim the difference between what her original paperwork said and what she was charged. Unfortunately she cant find the paperwork now and they have sent her a form to fill in asking when she redeemed the mortgage how much she paid back etc. but on the top of the form it has her mortgage no. surely they should have all the details as they have her old mortgage no. and they are also asking which mortgage provider she changed to after them. As she cant find the paperwork now is there no way of her getting the difference back if she is entitled to any. Hope someone will be able to help. Thanks

I think that mortgage companies should hold your records for 12 years. You could always send a SAR asking for everything to be sent out to your friend including the original mortgage contract and completion statement when it was changed to a different lender.

The reason they are asking for the current lender is probably because they want to see if they could match the new mortgage companies rates and win your friend back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D