Annulling Bankruptcy?

BigSmurf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

To keep it short and sweet, I was made bankrupt by my council for falling too far behind on council tax. Stupid, I know. Unfortunately my job is FSA regulated so there is a chance I would lose my job if I don't get this annulled.

I've already had my interview with the official receiver, who confirmed I am not actually insolvent, all my debts (mortgage & a loan) are secured on the house.

Now, I've already paid the council the outstanding amount (including fees, ouch!) and have sent a cheque to the official reciever to pay their fees. I've even got my forms from the court for stay of advertisement and intention to request anullment.

The only thing I'm stuck on is 'Make an affidavit or a witness statement verified by a statement of truth setting out details of your assets and debts at the date of the bankruptcy order and details of your payments made or how you have secured your debts'.

Is this basically just a letter with the details signed by me, or does it need to be more legal than that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Smurf

The court can cancel (annul) the banruptcy order if all of your creditors have now been paid in full. I suspect that this is the purpose of the Affadavit.

There is more information in a leaflet available from the following address.

The Insolvency Service Publications Orders

Records Management

4th Floor East

Ladywood House

Birmingham

B2 4U

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

basically, you need a statement listing all your assets and debts at the time of the bankruptcy order

The form is

Dated: DATE

Witness Statement No: X

No. of Exhibits: X

Filed on behalf of: Debtor

IN THE COUNTY COURT NO: 2005

RE: YOUR NAME

WITNESS STATEMENT SETTING OUT DETAILS OF ASSETS AND DEBTS AT ON DATE AT THE TIME OF MY BANKRUPTCY HEARING

followed by a list of your assets and debts, including details of whether secured on your home or not. This MUST be accurate to the best of your knowledge, otherwise it is a contempt of court

Statement of truth

I believe that the facts stated in this statement are true.

Signed Date

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.