NCP threatening to ticket me for parking on a public road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i work in a hospital (hull royal) and the trust have just reissued new parking permits to all staff and cancelled all the olds ones.

ive been told that a dont quilify for one which is fair enough so what i do is park on a side sreet which leads to the staff only (Ncp controled) car park (fountain street should anyone want to google earth it) this road is a public road maintained by the local council.

there are no yellow lines so me and a lot of other staff who are in the same boat permit wise park there. ok so far :oops:

well today i finished work return to my car and find that ncp have put a warning notice on my windscreen telling me that my permit is invalid and if i park there again i risk a £50 fine:mad: .

now i know thanks to this site that thier invoices are just a waste of paper but there is a point of princible here some ncp ****** has with no legal right at all come to my car on a public highway and put a totally unreasonable note on it.

any advice on how i sould handle this when i go into there onsite office in the morning would be greatly accepted. mark;)

Depends what you want to acheive. If you go in there shouting the odds, you may end up feeling better getting things off your chest but the conversation will not be recorded and these PPC types have bad memories.

On a practical level, why not remove your old permit. Your car would then be indistinguishable from a member of the public's. I doubt that NCP would have the temerity to issue tickets outside the car park to just anybody - sailing very close to the wind.

The other thing to do is .... nothing. Wait for the ticket, make sure you have a camera with datestamp to record the whole thing and have some fun contesting the ticket, all in writing.