I want to put a CCA agreement on

CL1411
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Totally unenforcable.

There are no perscribed terms on the last page you have posted that I can see.

The first doc is the most upto date agreement to try and confuse you and worth nothing.

HAK

The lasy page is also a computer prinout Natwest have stated to me on the telephone when I queried that this document looks like to the first page. On the agreement page in the top right hand corner it says page 2 but on the other document it doenst say page 1 either.

Should there be a date on the original agreement at the start of the document (page 1).

Just so that I can be clear have NW possibly just copied my details onto a new agreement and are trying to say this is the original one.

Thanks for all you help!!

NW don't have to provide you with an original agreement at this stage (they would if hey wanted to enforce it through the courts) but they do have to provide the T&C's that you signed up for at the time.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

They have sent me on a seperate document the T&C which they say was at the time it was taken out but this isnt dated as well, I have scanned on all docs which they sent me to see if this makes any differences on whether they have comlied fully with my CCA request.

Do you know what my next steps should be, what should I put in my ltr to them when i challange it??

ntwestltr1.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

I dont know why they send the 1st doc out. Like I say it is to confuse you. The first doc is only OK if the debt was after 2006 as they dont require signatures.

HAK

• Haha 1

Looks like the T&C are nothing to do with the agreement so the perscribed terms do not count.

YOu need to send something like this:

Re: my request under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me dated 21st June 2007, the contents of which are noted. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, dated 26th April 2007. Upon receipt of the original request the specified account legally entered into disputed status.

My request remains outstanding. An application form does not constitute a true copy of a credit agreement and that which you sent doesn't even contain all the prescribed terms and is not 'properly executed'. The statements sent do not correspond to the amount stated in your earliest correspondence and therefore they do not satisfy the requirement to supply me with a statement of account.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until 25th May 2007 to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agencies (or any third party).

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the data subject to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed credit agreement within 12 working days of a proper CCA request. If you fail to comply with a legitimate request the account enters a default situation and if you fail to comply after a further 30 days you commit an offence. You entered into a default on 25th May 2007 and subsequently committed a criminal offence on 25th June 2007.

Therefore you have 7 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint, otherwise your conduct will be reported to the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards. Any investigation undertaken by them may affect your ability to offer credit in the future.

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

• Haha 1

hi everyone, out of interest, do you know what date in 2006 it was made that you didnt need any signatures anymore??

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Thanks for all your help "Having a Nightmare" on this. I will amend the letter to suit my case etc and send this tmr.

Should I also point out the differences in what they have sent me ie. APR on agreement/T&C are different, On the signed doc it says Page 2 in the top right and hasnt got a page number on the first one and also the ADDRESS IS DIFFERENT ON BOTH PAGES OF THE AGREEMENT???

Thanks for all your help "Having a Nightmare" on this. I will amend the letter to suit my case etc and send this tmr.

Should I also point out the differences in what they have sent me ie. APR on agreement/T&C are different, On the signed doc it says Page 2 in the top right and hasnt got a page number on the first one and also the ADDRESS IS DIFFERENT ON BOTH PAGES OF THE AGREEMENT???

Hi Just send the letter for now.

HAk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, after sending Natwest the letter that "having a nightmare" provided above, I have got the follwoing response from them today. What should I do next with this as they seem to think they have provide the correct CCA???

ntest12031.jpg

ntewst12032.jpg

Hi

Standard letter they send to everybody.

Thing is they will not back down.

I have stopped payment now for about 5 months. They have sent me a letter from Triton credit services so I sent them a bog off letter back. Thing is they can send what they want but its unenforcable.

HAK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have too received a letter from Triton today advising what Natwest have said, is there any next steps i should take??

I am thinking off offering them a full and final settlement figure as I really want to get this sorted asap. Are they likely to accept a 50% settlement figure or not?? Any help or anyone in the same position with Natwest/Triton who can give me some guidance would be appreciated.

triton.jpg

Sed them the follwoing: ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the CCA 74.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

BLAH

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

thanks for the reply. The account was already with triton and i cca'd them (they passed it to natwest for docs and answers etc) so in theory this deby hasnt been passed onto them. Does this make the letter above unnesecarry?

I am anxious to just resolve this at the moment as need to clear up my old debts as this may stop me from applying for a new job (it is within financial services you see and the new employer would take a dim view on these!)

What sort of settlement figure should i offer as full and final, is 50% normally acceptable to them?

The thing is they have an uneforcable CCA so just bear with it for now.

I am in the same sitaution as you and I am not backing down.

It is going to be quit intresting to see how far they go.

I will keep you informed.

HAK