Mihail -v- Natwest

Mihail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

You need to upload the images in Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and then post a link to them on here, then we will be able to blow them up a little and read them clearly

regards

paul

OK, I've uploaded the letters to Photobucket

leonardo4455 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

May make for an entertaining read.

Any angles/ advice before I go any further would be much appreciated.

ah interesting,

so did they actually send you a copy of your credit agreement? have you posted a copy of it anywhere?

it would be good to take a look at the actual agreement to see if its complaint with the CCA 1974

ah interesting,

so did they actually send you a copy of your credit agreement? have you posted a copy of it anywhere?

it would be good to take a look at the actual agreement to see if its complaint with the CCA 1974

Thanks for the quick reply.

No they didn't actually send me a copy.

If you read the Natwest letter, pg 4 says that 'since the account was opened over 6 years ago (I have paid many hundreds into it since then) the "documentation" I require is outside their retention period'

Hi

I suggest that there may be some confusion on there part in respect of the Limitations Act 1980 and the period of 6 years for civil proceedings to be instituted under a simple contract.

Mihail,

Could you please start your own thread in the General Debt Issues forum.

You are hijacking a popular thread which takes focus away from the important issues being raised.

You can start a new thread then copy and paste your posts from above onto it.

Many thanks, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick, this thread should be a separate one now.

"I suggest that there may be some confusion on there part in respect of the Limitations Act 1980 and the period of 6 years for civil proceedings to be instituted under a simple contract."

pford, thanks for your suggestion, do you think I should write back to RBS/Natwest stating thus?

Thanks Slick, this thread should be a separate one now.

"I suggest that there may be some confusion on there part in respect of the Limitations Act 1980 and the period of 6 years for civil proceedings to be instituted under a simple contract."

pford, thanks for your suggestion, do you think I should write back to RBS/NatWest stating thus?

Wouldn’t hurt to do so I did when the Halifax tried something similar on me

As advised in my last letter, as you have used the facilities of the account which have amounted to the outstanding balance under the new terms of the Consumer Credit Act section S15 we do not hold any obligation to issue you with a copy of said agreement as the legal timescale for such documents to be held is within the last 6 years period, in this case our records are held from 3rd May 2001 until the present day.

I can confirm that I have again requested for a copy of your original application form to be found however as your accounts opening date was the 23rd November 1998 we are not legally obliged to retain said information therefore I have arranged for a credit for £1 to be paid into your Halifax Current Account ********** which will reimburse you for the paid cost which should be credited in the next 7 days.

They wrote the debt off after I sent a reply to that statement they made.

• 7 months later...

Mihail, is there an update on this please? :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Citizen B, Hi and thanks for reminding me!

I've just posted the Final Response to Natwest on photobucket

Since then I haven't heard anything from them-quiet as mouses.

Do you recommend I write to them again asking for a response? I am concerned about my credit rating at the moment and trying to repair it.

Btw, how do I open up a new thread?

I have some interesting information for CAGGERS about a ceratin mortgage lender regarding data protection issues.

KR

Mihail

Hi Mihail,

A typical waffly response, the purpose of which to confuse the receipient. :)

There are two schools of thought. You can continue to write letters to what purpose ? If they havent got a copy of the original document, then all they will do is continue to send replies that say a lot and mean nothing.

Or you can sit back and wait, see if they take you to court, where you can defend on the basis of no agreement.

Because you want to ensure your credit rating is not affected by all of this, there is another option, you can make the first move and take THEM to court to have the agreement declared unenforceable, as did elizabeth in the following thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/115280-useful-information.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/150988-elizabeth1-cabot.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry, you asked how to start a new thread..

at the very top click on Consumer Forums. Find the forum you want ie Debt forums, click on that then you will find a NEW THREAD button. Just click on that. Give your thread a title and post your question. :) Alternatively click on the link below and you will find step by step guides on how to do most things.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

BCOBS