HFO Services Charging order threat.

bigbear102

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sombody Please Help Me !

About 4 to 5 years ago i purchased a car from a local dealer for £5,800 with a deposit of £800 the remaining £5000 on finance with Welcome Finance also at the time i purchased the car i also took out a payment protection insurance policy for the payments on this agreement all was well for the first 18 months untill i fell ill and could not work i tried to claim on the PPI policy but thte claim was refused because i had a two week break between jobs. the car was then repossessed and sold at auction for less than £1,000 i was told that the loan was secured on the car and not my on home. i have not heard nothing from Welcome Finance since but in March 2007 i received a phone call from HFO Services stating that they have taken over the debt and i now owe them over £8,000:eek: and if i didnot pay them in full they would take me to court and apply for a charging order to allow them to sell my house to recover the debt i was and am very concerned about this ok i know i owe welcome some money but NOT £8K as the agreement for the car was for £5K and i had been paying the payments for the 18 months at almost £300 per month the loan was secured on the car if i knew then that the unsecured loan could be effectively converted to a secured loan i would not have purchased the car in the first place and made do with a cheaper car for the £800 deposit i paid. I had numerous phone calls made to both my home and mobile threatening that i will lose my home if i did not pay also i had phone calls from a firm of solicitors called Turnbull Rutherford threatening much the same as HFO they were not interested in negotiating an affordable installment plan they just seem to want my house. :(

on one occasion i did not answer the phone as i was at busey at work so i called them back on the number that appeared on my phone display the phone was answered as "HFO Services" this made me suspicious that the solicitor was in fact an employee of HFO:confused: (reading threads on here seem to confirm that) i then started to ignore the phone calls as i have dealt with other DCAs in the past and eventually they give up and sell the debt on to someone else. in about august i received a court claim paperwork from Wandsworth county court. i replyed with my defence stating that the amount was incorrect and admitted the amount that i was prepaired to pay considering the value of the car at the time it was repossessed (i now wish i had seen the threads on here first) heard nothing in response to the claim form untill this morning when i got in the post a notice of transfer proceedings to my local court. i am sorry to ramble on but i am very concerned that i could lose my home ...Please help.

thanks in advance

Bigbear102

Report HFO Services to the Trading Standards people, they have very little to go on and the local courts are fed up with them serving charging orders - you need to first have a CCJ (and they again have very little to go by with those).

They are a bunch of chancers who threaten people - when you do get a court date let us know and we can help with the POCs (Particulars of claim). In the meantime you need to send a letter to Turnbull Rutherford asking for FULL disclosure of the debt and their connection to it - there is a letter in the templates about this - its a Part 18 Civil Procedure Rule - should tie them up for a while.

Somebody else will be along soon - Turnbull Rutherford share offices with HFO in Wimbledon....

thanks for the info i will be sending a letter of complaint to the TS and sending a letter to Turnbulls**t rutherfords tomorrow i will also ring the court to try to find out a court date. i will keep you posted :)

Bigbear101