12 days up for lowell

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all update again:|received a letter from lowell saying they wrote to me recently saying they brought the debt from cap1 and i have not cleared the balance so cap1 have asked us to get in touch:| so its important that i do one off the followings as soon as possible pay in full, contact them to talk about a payment plan that works for me :roll:

If Lowells bought the debt why would Cap One be asking them to get in touch?!

One to ignore, anyway.

I have received a similar letter. As kink123 says above.. why would Cap 1 be involved if Lowells have ownership of the account.. ?? I am ignoring it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know what i would use it for:lol:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Dora. Did u need another paper aeroplane or maybe even wallpaper?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

erm a bit of a pain but fine. Littlen is now 2 and not so little and son is now 7 and a pain at times. Is always wanting and moaning when told no. Hes more of a teenager than an actual teenager.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

erm a bit of a pain but fine. Littlen is now 2 and not so little and son is now 7 and a pain at times. Is always wanting and moaning when told no. Hes more of a teenager than an actual teenager.

omg cannot beleive 2years:-o dont time fly 8)

hi all another letter arrives today :roll: we want to help you clear your account we still haven,t agreed a payment plan for the oustanding balance with us the longer you leave getting in touch or paying off the balance the more you risk further action being taken against you including legal action. we may also ask one of our agents to arrange a time to visit you at your home to discuss your account and repayment of your debt if we dont here from you so please phone us on as soon aspossible:roll: i did write to them reminding them its still in dispute i have proof they have received it it looks like they have ignored it any advice please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i need your help on this one i feel i am banging my head on the brick wall:roll: after sending lowell another dispute letter:| i have received from them a reply 3 times in sepreate envelopes in one day:roll: i cannot post up scanner not working properly so i will type it up

HERE GOES

Dear xxxx thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above account we apoligise for the delay in our responce

your comments have been noted and after corresponding with the original creditor, capital one, we can confirm we have reached an outcome regarding the matter

our cleint has confirmed that your dispute was adress and resolved:roll:as all requested information was supplied in february 09 capital one has stated that they have had no further contact from you so therefore isn,t aware of any other disputes

with the information provided your current dispute does not stand and the above balance remains oustanding

in light of this we would now require you to contact one of our agents on the above number to arrange repayment

we trust that this clarifies the current situation and look forward to hearing from you shortly:|

Dora

Of course there is no dispute and if there was its now resolved to allow them to harass you further and send mind numbing letters of nonsense.Ignore ignore ignore do not respond do not speak to them on the phone.

The above is a further attempt to get you to make contact and start dialog.Communication requires two parties dont fall for it.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Hi all update received another letter today i have got to contact them to get my discount:-)

Dear xx we would like to help you free up your finances.

you still have an unpaid balance with us here ay lowell financial ltd. we have told you about our easy ways to pay and the posibility of payment plans

but we still have not received any commitment from you to pay the amount you owe. we know it can be hard managing your finances, and were are happy to be flexible, but we do need to here from you so we can arrange a repayment option that works for you.

SHRINKING YOUR BALANCE

if you contact us in the next 2 weeks we will be pleased to offer you a great deal:|

1. pay 75% of your balance as full and final settlementor

2. pay 85% in 3 equal payments of over xx the next 3months as full and final settlement

3. agree a repayment plan of a xx month by direct debit until yuou have cleared the outstanding balance. fill in the direct debit overleaf to set up or call one of our advisors to set this up over the phone

it is important that you repay what you owe, if you do not make arrangement with us to repay what you owe further action MAY taken against you, this MAY include court action:|

contact us to get your discount:|

phone us now on to agree to one of our payment option or if the don,t work for you we will be able to talk through some other offers that might

yours sincerly Andrew Bartle

cheif operations officer:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all another letter arrived today if i dont get in touch with them with a plan they passing on to reds for litigation:| on the back of envelope return address bradley stoke bristol:| any one else had the same address:rolleyes:

:violin:I would give them a plan Dora but Its not printable here:-) yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz back to my nap,

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

On day 10 write to them thanking them for the Application form and remind them the CCA is still out standing.

Do you know what do not worry about it. I have had Lowell Portfolio chasing me for years. If it is a debt that can be retrieved then they will take you to court. Debt collectors have no power. Ignore them and they will soon dissappear. Tell them to take your number off their system and to stop calling you, failure to do this you will be in breach of the law. All communication to be made via mail.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

another letter today :| dear xxxx despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to resolve the debt it remains outstanding. unless we receive a payment in full or a partpayment with proposed payment plan with in 5 days we have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you.this could result in us applying for the value of the debt to be secured on my property or applying to recover the money you owe by making deductions directley from your earnings along with court costs and interest, alternatively we may arrange for an agent to visit your adress to negotiate settlement you can still avoid further action being taken by contacting our collection department now, your sincerely andrew bartle cheif operations officer

So whats it to be Dora a summons or a door visit I wonder, or perhaps just another letter in 2 weeks time.:?:

Hope your well Dora

Regards

Andy