12 days up for lowell

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still having problems l see dora. Well these unrecorded searches people cant see so thats good but still annoying.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Still having problems l see dora. Well these unrecorded searches people cant see so thats good but still annoying.

hi GM yes still having problems i can,t understand why they keep searching and not updating the account they have alledgley brought they have not updated for 6months:roll:

The searches are to check if an

individual has taken on any new

accounts or have any debts showing

on reduced payments etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Exactly as Brig has said. New debt and it being paid fully each month will show money even if the account is in dispute.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, automated calls from hamptons daily saying this is an urgent message for mrs dora to ring them as soon as possible:roll:

And you of course replied NO CHANCE:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi all, automated calls from hamptons daily saying this is an urgent message for mrs dora to ring them as soon as possible:roll:

Are they using that bliddy SMS text messaging to landlines?

http://www.zyra.info/bt-txt-ctrl.htm

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Too many of these SMS to landlines

most of the industry seems to have

cottoned on to it,even my bank is using

it.

Too many of these SMS to landlines

most of the industry seems to have

cottoned on to it,even my bank is using

it.

Hi briggs i am registered with tps to stop these calls not doing any good thou:|

Hi briggs i am registered with tps to stop these calls not doing any good thou:|

I know Dora, there seems to be no way to stop them,

advertising/marketing/insurance companies it's gone wild.

I don't have an answer.

shocking ain,t it:|

Sure is I've had two this evening re my car insurance

renewal.

Sure is I've had two this evening re my car insurance

renewal.

Interesting! I've just completed a couple of searches on comparison sites re car insurance renewal. I specifically ticked the box forbidding any contact.......the result, several of these messages on our landline. We also have TPS and the mail equivalent but this is obviously ignored.

Interesting! I've just completed a couple of searches on comparison sites re car insurance renewal. I specifically ticked the box forbidding any contact.......the result, several of these messages on our landline. We also have TPS and the mail equivalent but this is obviously ignored.

Two more calls re insurance, we have had TPS for nearly 5 years and it has not

had any real effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all another letter as arrived to day:roll:here goes

Dear madam

IMPENDING LEGAL ACTION

we are Hamptons Legal the litigation department for lowell financial ltd .We have ben instructed to recover an outstanding debt that you owe which originated from an agreement you had with capital one We note that lowell financial ltd have offered you on a number of occasions the oppertunity to enter into a payment plan so that you could clear this account but have decided not to take up the offer

WHAT IS THE REASON FOR NON-PAYMENT:roll:

We know of no reason why this debt should not be paid and can only assume you simply have no intention of paying it back We therefore assessing your account to decide what action to take(they said this in the last letter they sent me in december)as you are an homeowner (yes joint) it is very likely We Will apply to county court for an judgment (that was said in the letter before) against you ordering you to repay the outstanding balance if you continue to refuse to pay WE WILL consider the following:roll:

Applying for an attachment of earning order which IF granted would allow us to recover the balance in instalments directley from your salary or applying order which IF granted would secure the debt against your property (joint) or issuing a pertition to the court for bankruptcy

YOU NEED TO SEEK ADVICE

Unless you call and pay off your debt or set up a payment plan We strongly recommend that you seek professional advice so you gain a full understanding of what the above courses of action may mean to you as both could have serious consequences

AVOID FURTHER ACTION

to avoid any further action gainst you please call us on xxxxx and discuss repayment plan We will agree to a monthly arrangement WE MAY EVEN AGREE TO A

DISCOUNTED AMOUNT TO SETTLEMENT

yours faithfully xxx head of legal compliance hampton legal

what do you think all, any one new to this could get really frightened at the tone off this letter:|

:flypig: File

Andy:wink:

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Dorabell,

Interesting that they started their letter with, "We are Hamptons Legal the litigation department for lowell financial ltd" - previously, they've not made it clear to debtors that they are one and the same company.

I've made complaints about their deceptive practices in the past (Lowell, Red, Hamptons - all the same) regarding their attempts to make people believe they are separate entities and therefore more threatening - and am going to report them to the regulatory bodies relating to letters and phone calls received. After four written requests, three verbal, another by email and one directly to James, their CAG representative for a copy of their complaints procedures, I've been ignored.

Please report them - do the same as others and complain about them to OFT, FOS etc. - there's a n ongoing investigation as to whether they're fit to hold a licence and any little helps! ;)

Best of luck

H. x

Hi Dorabell,

Interesting that they started their letter with, "We are Hamptons Legal the litigation department for lowell financial ltd" - previously, they've not made it clear to debtors that they are one and the same company.

I've made complaints about their deceptive practices in the past (Lowell, Red, Hamptons - all the same) regarding their attempts to make people believe they are separate entities and therefore more threatening - and am going to report them to the regulatory bodies relating to letters and phone calls received. After four written requests, three verbal, another by email and one directly to James, their CAG representative for a copy of their complaints procedures, I've been ignored.

Please report them - do the same as others and complain about them to OFT, FOS etc. - there's a n ongoing investigation as to whether they're fit to hold a licence and any little helps! ;)

Best of luck

H. x

smilie.pngsmilie.png

• 2 weeks later...

well folks another letter arrives today here goes

Dear madam

YOU ARE LEAVING US WITH NO CHOICE

it is disappointing to note that all our efforts to help you clear this account seem to have failed.

We are now preparing to take legal action against you in respect of the debts that you owe to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

the legal action we MAY take is to make an application to the county court for a judgment (ccj), or we MAY issue a statutory demand which, IF granted, would have serious consequences and the possible issue at court of a petition for your bankruptcy

WHAT BANKRUPTCY COULD MEAN TO YOU

if you are made bankrupt it could result in an official receiver or an insolvency practitioner being appointed to investigate and manage your financial situation.you could lose any rights to assets of value you have such as your home (joint) you MAY have your bank accounts and credit cards closed:-) and you could be prevented from running your own business:-)

if you are unsure of the consequences of bankruptcy we strongly recommmened you to seek advice from a solcitor and visit the official receivers website

BANKRUPTCY

if after receiving a ccj you still refuse to pay WE could make an application for an attachment of earnings order were monies would be deducted directly from your salary by your employer to replay the balance in stalments WE could alternatively apply for a charging order where the debt you have with us would be secured against your property Failure to comply with a ccj or to satisfy a statutory demand could allow us to petition the court for you bankruptcy

AVOID FURTHER ACTION

To avoid legal action WE would be willing to accept a monthly instalment of £50 until this debt is repaid please call us today on to set up the repayment plan or go to www.lowell.co.uk to set up a monthly direct debit If you cannot afford this amount please call us to discuss an amount that you can afford each month WE will work with you to agree the best solution and to avoid legal action but you need to call us urgently on

yours faithfully

sqiggle signature

stephen hunter

head of legal compliance

hampton legal

:-)

Just remind me Dora how much is this debt for (ballpark)?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread