12 days up for lowell

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i have not heard a word from cap 1 for ages, then today i had a nice surprise:D on checking my credit file this account has been deleted:D its nice off them to let me know:lol: just want to thank every one that has helped me a long the way and with out your help i could not have done it:) so thanks all again a very happy person

Excellent but BE CAREFUL

it might be a ploy as it may have been passed on to a DCA who will add it to ur credit file.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent but BE CAREFUL

it might be a ploy as it may have been passed on to a DCA who will add it to ur credit file.

thanks GM it has been passed around already and has been passed back to cap 1 but i will be keeping a eye on my file from now on i check it most days:)

Edited by steven4064
fixed quote tag

Excellent but BE CAREFUL

Hi GM you was right it looks like they have sold this one to our freind in leeds:mad: i have received another piece of information through my S.A.R which shows up on there which has been sold to them:mad: i will have to wait and see what our freinds in leeds send me

Hi GM you was right it looks like they have sold this one to our freind in leeds:mad: i have received another piece of information through my S.A.R which shows up on there which has been sold to them:mad: i will have to wait and see what our freinds in leeds send me

But have they added another Default to your account?

I only jumped into this thread right now.. but hopefully they know that can't add one to your file because of the charges :)

well they have not removed mine but they have just lost money on it. :lol:

Dora don worry we can wait and then hit them when it arrives.

I will do u a letter to send. My usuall fee applies :lol:

Edited by The GodMother

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original/DCA** and has been since DATE 2008. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As **original/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

Also be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

send the above letter and see what happens

u know the rules re letters.

Wait and see what they say next. With my Cap One over two years ago I got a letter like yours and never heard from them again.

I probably still have the default - haven't checked for ages - but if you don't hear any more from them you could get the default removed by approaching the CRAs direct. I did this when Lowell put four defaults on my record for the same debt which was unenforceable. As i don't plan to borrow any money ever again I have not really done much about the defaults:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Wait and see what they say next. With my Cap One over two years ago I got a letter like yours and never heard from them again.

I probably still have the default - haven't checked for ages - but if you don't hear any more from them you could get the default removed by approaching the CRAs direct. I did this when Lowell put four defaults on my record for the same debt which was unenforceable. As i don't plan to borrow any money ever again I have not really done much about the defaults:eek:

thanks goldlady :)

Dora

Please stop panacking.

This is just a acknowledgement letter basically saying we have not been made aware of the dispute. Which may i just point out is against OFT guidline on debt collection... 2.6

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

Also if they had been sold this alleged debt in october then why has it taken 3 months for them to write to u and why was in sold whiles in dispute.

• 2 months later...
lowellletter2a.jpg
hi all i have not heard from lowells since receiving this letter on checking my credit file i have notice that it says default 9.6.08 on lowells letter it says that they bought the debt in oct:confused: so how can the default me in june any advice please :)

I cant comment on that really but it is not a unusual thing with lowells.

hi all i have not heard from lowells since receiving this letter on checking my credit file i have notice that it says default 9.6.08 on lowells letter it says that they bought the debt in oct:confused: so how can the default me in june any advice please :)

This would probally be the date at which you defaulted with capital one?

so even if Lowells purchased debt later ( use of term purchased loosley!) they would have to record date of default as that.

• 5 months later...

Hi all up date from lowells i have received this letter i will post up its taken them neally 8months to query the above with cap 1:eek: also just had a snooty fone call from lowells i would not answer security question i said everything in writing then he said we will keep ringing until it has been resolved i said goodbye and put the fone down:mad:

Edited by Dorabell
spelling