12 days up for lowell

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh a operations manager.

i thought u send a letter not awaiting a operation.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all update with NCO i have received anorther treat o gram today( YOUR URGENT ATTENTION IS REQUIRED as you have failed to fully resolve this account we are left with no alternative but to pass your file and the full account history to the office(S.C.LEATHAM-LOCK LLB) they will be instructed to either to prepare the necessary papers for the commencement of legal action or to employ the assistance of their field force. after a period of five days from today date MR S.C LEATHAM-LOCKS OFFICE will give permmission to make the decision, without further refrence to yourself. CONTACT Ms black should i wish to avoid this action please quote your refrence number with payment COLLECTIONS MANAGER. it was the only the other day i received a letter from there operations manager they were looking into the complaint obviousley they not taking any notice:-x any advise please would be appriciated thanks

Some of these threatograms are laughable arent they, i like the ones with such rubbish as "valid even if not read by you!"

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Their scare tactics are laughable, but what concerns me again and again is the people who get these ridiculous letters and are intimidated by them, who haven't made their way onto a site like this and realise that it is all a load of bowlarks.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

i would marjie its there own faulty the left hand dont know what the rite is doing

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all update with NCO i received a letter today i cannot post it up the scanners not working properly:mad: but here goes what you make of this(DEAR MR PEARSON NOT MY NAME:lol: WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF YOUR LETTER DATED 20TH JUNE 2008 THE CONTENT OF WHICH HAVE BEEN DULY NOTED. WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT NCO EUROPE LTD IS A GLOBEL SUPPLIER TO THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE INDUSTRY PROVIDING THE VERY HIGHEST LEVELS OF SERVICE AFFORDED TO CLIENTS, CUSTOMERS, AND ALL THIRD PARTIES WITH WHICH WE DEAL WITH. WE THEREFORE OFFER YOU OUR PERSONAL ASSURANCE THAT CORRESPONDENCE SUCH HAS YOURS IS TAKEN SERIOUSLEY. ADDRESSING THE ISSUE RAISED IN YOUR LETTER, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE FULLY INVESTIGATED AND QUERIED YOUR ACCOUNT WITH OUR CLIENT CAPITAL ONE SERVICES AND WE HAVE FOUND THAT OUR CLIENT SENT YOU THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS LATE FEBRUARY STATUS OF ACCOUNT SIGHNED CREDIT AGREEMENT (if you can call it that) TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2008 I AM CONCERNED TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ABOVE DOCUMENTATION.NCO EUROPE WILL THEREFORE PUT MY ACCOUNT ON HOLD FOR FOURTEEN DAYS (thats nice of them) GIVING ME ENOUGH TIME TO QUERY MY DISPUTE WITH CAPITAL ONE SERVICES( which i have already done:evil:) PLEASE CONTACT CAPITAL ONE DIRECTLY 08809525150 AND THEY WILL BE IN A POSITION TO ASSIST ME FUTHER. WE HAVE TODAY REMOVED YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER FROM OUR SYSTEM AS PER YOUR REQUEST. SHOULD WE NOT HERE FROM ME AFTER FOURTEEN DAYS WE KINDLEY ASK YOU IF YOU COULD SEND THEM MY INCOM AND EXPENDITURE FORM WITH AN OFFER OF REPAYMENT SO WE CAN COME TO A MUTUAL AGREEMENT ON MY ACCOUNT (as if) WE TRUST THAT ALL OF THE ISSUES RAISED HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED TO MY SATIFACTION .WAIL ZEIN OPERATIONS MANAGER ( guys what do you think, any one have any advice for me on this one please ,or shall i just ignore and wait what comes next thanks :)

Hi marjie06

IMHO I advocate not pursuing any company once the CCA request has been sent, unless you are the subject of legal action, in which case it's important to get the information you need to prepare a defence and c/c as soon as possible

To ensure you have the best possible case, should you eventually be issued with a Court claim; you need to keep all correspondence that you are sent, as you can guarantee regardless of sending the CCA request, you will be harassed for pmt. All calls must be logged, answered or not, dates, times, names etc.... This is to build a case of harassment against them. The Consumer Credit Act 1974, states that they are not entitled to enforce the agreement whilst the default continues, so in addition to not be entitled to take legal action, they have no right to collect pmt, so it necessarily follows that they are entitled to harass you either! You cannot harass a person for a debt, when you haven't proved it exists

My point is that your interests are not best served by pursuing them. Let them dig a big hole for themselves, so that you can counter-claim for damages for harassment and hopefully if they can't produce an agreement you have Data Protection Act 1998 breaches as well as defamation

I would also suggest not going through their security Q's if you are unfortunate enough to answer a call. Do not bring up the CCA request either, so what if they don't produce the agreement after 12mnths? As long as you have a recorded/guaranteed proof of postage delivery slip, you're fine. The longer they leave things, the worse it is for them. Simply tell them to write to you, don't tell them not to ring, as the calls obviously form part of the harassment

Let their stupidity help you build a case....simply sit back and bide your time.

If someone has debts, it is important to understand that there are no quick resolutions. Those who seek quick remedies in a bid to put the matter behind them hastily, do themselves no favours at all. Debts can be significantly reduced or disposed of, if the situation is approached tactically from the start.....you just have to be patient!

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This seems to be a rehash of the letter they sent you in post 103. Except this time, they are asking for you to allow them 14 days to sort it out instead of 7-10 days. File under Bin or Ignore

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

send them the bog off or suffer letter.

gdgd they should be aware of how the process works then.

they send you letter. you send back a bog off or suffer letter.

They bog off appoligising

I was going to say, when RMA sent me an almost identical letter, P103, it was just before they did a runner, got to the bottom of the thread.....

and they already had!

Nice result.

PS Pretty sure that RMA were one of the 13 up for a b*ll*cking, the threat-o-grams are the same but if someone stands their ground, they're orf.

• 3 weeks later...

Marjie this does not mean anything.

They still have to provide a cca request which is correct to date they still have not.

I say to send them a SAR request then depending on everything you offer them a F+F offering as little as possible then go from there.

As dom would say i can always increase my offer.

If u want i can send u a full SAR request and u would need to send £10 Postal order and send by RD.

Chrissi

Marjie this does not mean anything.

They still have to provide a cca request which is correct to date they still have not.

I say to send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request then depending on everything you offer them a F+F offering as little as possible then go from there.

As dom would say i can always increase my offer.

If u want i can send u a full SAR request and u would need to send £10 Postal order and send by RD.

Chrissi

Thanks GM how are you :) yes please :)

Hello Marjie,

I have not read your full thread (slaps self on wrist - before receiving punch in the forum).

I see the first few posts and you have not been given as all others have said a valid CCA.

Please see this for assistance. If you have already seen apologies if not hope it helps.

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like their code for were not bothering to read your letter but it gives us another excuse to get you on the phone for an earbashing...no doubt:D

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Sounds like their code for were not bothering to read your letter but it gives us another excuse to get you on the phone for an earbashing...no doubt:D

I would agree with CCM, just ignore it. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi all i have not heard a word from cap 1 for ages, then today i had a nice surprise:D on checking my credit file this account has been deleted:D its nice off them to let me know:lol: just want to thank every one that has helped me a long the way and with out your help i could not have done it:) so thanks all again a very happy person