• Tweets

• Short update.Received an acknowledgement letter from PRA re SAR request. They say the will respond to my request by December 17th 2020.
    • I think I just have to clarify what my site team colleague said above. It's not only a question about being aware – you also must have asserted your rights within the first 30 days. Send them an email straightaway. Refer to your short-term right to reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act and that in view of the defects which have manifested themselves, and you are asserting your right to reject and you are rejecting the vehicle and that they should make arrangements to collect it or receive it from you and to refund your money. You must do this straightaway. Meaning tonight. Don't hang around Even if you feel that you might want to hang onto the car, you should assert the right to reject in order to reserve your position. Once you have done that and come back to this thread and tell us more about it. In particular, who is the dealer? Have you had on exchanges with them about this? What have they said? Where is the vehicle now and what is its condition?   In fact I see the you had the day wrong. You said it was yesterday – which was 1 December. Assert your right to reject now – by email. You don't want to get into some kind of argument about whether it was this day or that day. Put it beyond question and assert your right now. Then afterwards we can discuss your situation
    • I knew you'd disagree dx100uk but it's irrelevant as the debt is not statute barred regardless of the default notice.
    • The PDF you posted includes a reconstituted CCA sent with a letter from Barclays dated 14 January 2018. This is acceptable as evidence of a CCA under CONC 13.1.4:   (1)The copy of the executed agreement should be a 'true copy' of the original. However, as confirmed in the case of Carey v HSBC Bank plc [2009] EWHC 3417 (QB), in this context the term 'true copy' does not necessarily mean a carbon, photocopy, microfiche copy or other exact copy of the signed agreement. There is no obligation to provide a copy which includes a copy of the signature.   (2)The firm can reconstitute a copy. It can do this by re-populating a template of the relevant agreement form with the details of the specific agreement taken from its records. If the firm does provide a reconstituted copy, it should explain that that is what it has done, to avoid misleading the customer that this is a contemporaneous copy.   https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html?date=2016-03-07
    • Seem Bidens confirmed that he wont be in any hurry at all to sign a deal .. with anyone   Rumour has it that he thinks he can get most of what he wants without committing to very much at all as a number of the brexit MP's want to ship in US food at a profit and cheaper than UK prduced meat which will only be for the wealthy tables   .. with not a thought for the US'S use growth promoting products banned in the EU including  bacitracin with its tendency to create antibiotic resistant bacteria - even resistant to antibiotics of last resort.
  • Our picks

Help v British Credit Trust

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4546 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi reclaimone

I would say, 'yes' and 'yes'. We have just successfully reclaimed letter charges from Clydesdale (now Barclays) and late payment surcharges from GE Money. Go for it.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Can I stop them applying future letter charges/late payment surcharges?
Unfortunately, no :(

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 1 month later...

Steven,

I have had letter from BCT stating that the charges are not unlawful. The charges applied to the HP agreement are generated by a computer system HOWEVER a lot of work has been made by collectors in collecting arrears, maintaining the account and is their final response.

Any ideas?

Im not clued up on HP agreements.

:confused:

And the fact that they say the charges are lawful means what, exactly? Of course, they are going to say that!

a lot of work has been made by collectors in collecting arrears, maintaining the account and is their final response.
Aww, diddums :rolleyes:

Just carry on your claim. You sent an LBA, now file the claim in court.

Steven

My Wins

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have just read your posts and I, after sending a claim for repayment of charges to BCT, had exactly the same letter in return.

Have just forwarded claim to FOS and await their reply.

Meg

Nationwide S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 09/05/07 Claiming £2792 LBA 23/05/07

MCOL filed 30/06/07

Barclaycard S.A.R. 03/04/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 11/06/07

Claiming £516.00 LBA Sent 03/07/07

Abbey S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £1380 LBA 03/07/07

MBNA S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £799 LBA 03/07/07

Waiting to do:- GE Capital Bank / M&S Money / Bristol & West / Capital One