Court requesting mediation with Barclaycard?

reclaimone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would agree to the mediation - there is no guarantee taht Barclays will and it will look good to the judge that you were prepared to make the effort

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi Reclaimone,

As you've already given BC 2 chances to enter into discussion or negotiation, it seems pointless at this stage and will serve only to delay settlement.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/83044-mediation-bad-idea.html#post742517

Up to you really, but I'd go with Gizmo's letter. Make sure you adapt it to reflect your own case before sending.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Now I didn't know that - I would therefore like to withdraw my earlier comment and suggest going with Slick's advice.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Aww Tiglet,

I was just lucky remembering where to find it today (couldn't place it yesterday for Camdenite's thread here in BC forum).

So this is the 2nd claim in 2 days which has been suggested for mediation - maybe the same court or new tactics from court ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

To be honest, I think they're getting swamped with cases - probably due to the good work of CAG. If people can settle out of court, it reduces their workload, so they are obviously going to suggest it.

I didn't realise it costs (having only had family mediation when going through a divorce, which was free) which was why I suggested agreeing to it.

Hangs head in shame ...

No shame Tiglet - we're all learning here (well I am anyway) !!

The courts in all three of my cases with Abbey have put in a leaflet about mediation, I always refused, we , as claimants, have given the banks and credit providers, ample opportunity to talk to us, but they generally decline, it is not a free service and the fees are non reclaimable, a bad idea for us, and a good idea for them, because they can draw it all out just that bit more.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed