NCP Parking Fines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new to this forum so bear with me. My problem is this : i work for a train company, they own a car park next to the station which is run by NCP. It used to be run by APCOA and we used to be able to buy subsidised parking permits either quartley, 6 monthly or yearly. But since NCP have taken it over they only offer yearly tickets and have hiked the prices up, plus there is now a waiting list for a permit. I just can't afford to pay for a yearly ticket in one hit but need to use the car park (I usually start or finish work in the early hours of the morning and there is no other safe parking around). So I have been parking in the car park without buying a ticket (as it costs £7 a day!) and I have received several parking tickets. I have just received a summons (they got my details from the DVLA) dating back from November last year and the original fine was £50 (£25 if paid within 14 days) but have now had to pay £85. I know there will probably be several more on their way, but would it be any use in sending any of your template letters to them? I know I should have paid to park there but I just simply cannot afford to pay £30 a week just to get to work on time and safely. Many thanks, and this forum is great, I will certainly recommend it to people.

The template letters are for private parking companies operating on private land ie not under the road traffic act.

If you have received a summons it sounds like they are operating the parking site under the road traffic act, or the similar one for railway land. If this is the case the template letters are not suitable.

Do the tickets you have be given refer to a road traffic act (or similar)?

Can you scan and post on the forum (having removed personal details first)?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Similar story here to BamaLama, had a number of fines dating back over a year, have not been chased as of yet (Just a matter of Time). In the end got a year’s pass, still get tickets now and again for not parking within designated spaces when the car park is full.

Hi Mike The tickets make ref to:

Railway Byelaws made under Section 219 of the transport Act 2000 by the strategic rail authority and confirmed under schedule 20 of the transport act 2000 etc etc…