How long to leave it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Our ex landlord is currently witholding our full deposit. We have admitted damage to a hand basin (which I actually temporarily repaired) but he is trying to charge us for small impressions to wood laminate flooring (consistent with fair wear & tear).

I have sourced the cost of the basin myself and provided him with it, however he is continuing to draw this out & we've been very amicable.

He has ignored our requests for a copy of the signed inventory.

This has been going on for just over 4 weeks & he shows no sign of actually getting things moving. How long should we wait before filing a claim?

If the contract started/was renewed after April 2007. Your landlord was required to lodge the deposit within on of the accredation schemes. Which now governs all lanldords on how deposits are held.

If you are unable to come to a reasonable matter of costs with the landlord. Write to him requesting details of the scheme it has been paid. They do have an atribution service for these kind of situations. This action, may expediate matters to a 'quick' resolvement for you.

Regards

Pebble.

Thanks guys. The tenancy actually begun in June 2006, so it isn't covered by the scheme.

He has had 4 weeks to come up with the relevent quotes for the floor (even though we intend to dispute it) so we should have any amount not in dispute back by now, however he just seems to be drawing it out.