Help on complaining to CARS

Andie1981

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Was previously paying a debt to CARS. (Yes I did owe this debt, but it got sent to them, as I was refusing to pay over £500, when I had statements stating £63.) I was paying £10 a week, missed out a couple of weeks due to no money, which they were kinda ok with. This week, I was due to pay the last payment of £13. I knew I wouldn't be able to pay for it, as that was all I had, and it was to pay for my children's lunch for school this week.

On Saturday, I checked my bank, and it was empty. It was for the same amount that I owed CARS. Rang them, and he said that I told them on Friday, yes take the money. (They were phoning me every week for confirmation to take the money)

I said so have you got phone records proving that you contacted me? (as they hadn't called me/spoken to me) He went to fetch manager. It's been sorted, in the way that they are going to refund me the money, and I won't be liable for the last payment. (This was after I was ranting about police and theft!)

Anyway, I'm asking if anybody could help me, with constructing a letter of complaint to CARS. I think it is disgusting that they do this. Also, am I "allowed" to complain to anyone higher than these people?

Thankyou in advance!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

can you tell us a bit more if its not too personal,

I noticed you memtioned 500 pounds were these penalty charges

Thanks for replying Andrew.

It was for a debt for Ann Summers. I used to be a Party Planner. I left at Christmas 2006, due to 2 parties going horribly wrong. (Total goods ordered £750, so ordered before xmas, to make everybody happy. Unfortunately I paid for these fees out of my own money, leaving me skint at xmas. Nobody paid so I was left with no money and loads of stock)

I sent all the stock I had back to them. This included the starter kit which was worth £500. I got a statement through from Ann Summers which stated I still owed £63. I was fine with this, as I had kept a few bits (due to the 30% discount) As I was so poor, and it took me a while to get out of debt from friends and family, the debt remained unpaid.

Ann Summers were not that helpful, and kept badgering me for the money. After 3 weeks (yes you read that right) I received a letter from a Solicitors requesting I paid £500+ (can't remember the exact amount) Rang them straight away, and they said they'd get back to me after they'd spoken to Ann Summers.

When they got back to me, AS had said I hadn't returned any of my stock, and I was hiding from them?? (Even though I had phone calls and letters!)

I told the solicitors about my statement, and they said just hang tight. (Which I did for a year!)

Then I received a letter from CARS, and finally it was for the amount I knew I owed. I have no problem paying for it, as I kept stock, and should therefore pay for it. But there was no way I was going to be bullied for a large amount.

I rang them, and they accepted my offer of £10 a week. Ideally I would have liked to have paid it off much quicker, but repayments started this January (skint from xmas!)

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks again