• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dont know if this forum relates to this subject. hope you do as need help.

moved here in oct/06. well the month after it was drawing near to bonfire night. it started with fireworks they were lighting them on front garden. i had then a 4 yr old (who is now 6) who was in front bedroom asleep. it was about 12.30 night when one of the fireworks hit the window and my daughter woke up screaming. i was asleep to and shot in her bedroom not knowing what was going on. i went out and complained and told them they should be doing it round back garden as fireworks are dangerous. i dont begrudge anyone having a bonfire night but they should just be sensible about it.

the next incident was my other half put some curtains up (as we had not long moved in) i was at the hospital visiting mum) next day the lady next door said that she came round about 7.30 but no one answered the door, to ask to stop the drilling as they were watching a wedding video. i apologized and said it would not happen again. i knew that i could have argued back as it was before 8.00 and we needed curtains up as we not long moved in, we needed to decorate. we stop noise at 8.00.

2 days later, me and my other half woke up at 3.30 in the morning to loud banging and hammering that was coming from next door. we didnt go round to tell them and left it till next day. i confronted the woman who apologized. i asked her what she was doing and she replied that her brother and husband were fitting in a toilet. i couldnt see the need to do that as they have 2 toilets in the house like us. and she complained about us putting curtains up at 7.00.

now from all of other things going on is the music. its like living next door to a nightclub. its going on in the day by hi-fi, then at night they are playing films on tv or videos with music in them and turning them up when the songs copme on. this usually goes on till sometimes 12- 1.00 in morning.

i went round and told them about it. they said they have the right to be happy and we are making them unhappy. when i mentioned about the films and the music being turned up in them too they said well, we dont make the films. she started to threaten and tried to call me in to the house to fight her. i believe me i wanted to but i walked away and called the police. guess what - as the police pulled up they turned it off. they have told the p[olice we keep banging the wall at them. could anyone guess why we bang the wall, cause they dont know.

i now have a 3 month old baby. i cant sleep properly as they wake him with there door slamming and shouting. when the parents go out leaving the children in alone to swear at each other and fight. you can clearly hear it through the walls. and the mother complained at me just saying bloody at her saying that was swearing.

her husband came back drunk one night, i was just about to get my baby of to bed, it was 11.30 and he just blasted the music up.

the council advised me to go round and tell them about the noise. now thanks to the council, next door are now saying im racist, that if they were playing white music i wouldnt say anything. its not true i just want them to turn it down. i dont now what to do.

i had the police come round and i was crying, the baby was screaming, iv shouted at my other kiddies because im getting stressed about next door. im at my wits end. the policeman has had a word with them, he said that next door are very well known at the police station for complaints.

sometimes i go for a walk and stay at the library for a couple of hours. cant hear my telly unless i turn it up loud and i cant do that as my baby wont sleep and i need him to take naps as i have things to do. its depressing.

im now keeping a diary of what they are doing. :(

Guest Old_andrew2018

REport this immidiately to environmental heatlth,

I always personaly find out who has got the biggest mouth in the council what I am saying there is always an outspoken councilor who loves to stir, I would use him/her to contact officals It nearly always works

also report each incident to the Police, i know you might think it is petty but even if they dont come out there will be a computer log generated each time. More evidence for the enviromental health and any impending legal action

Also, you haven't said if either or both of you are owner-occupiers, or renting (though I would guess the latter).

If you are both renting, is your neighbour in an AST or is it council or housing association?

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

• 5 months later...

need some help. didn't post anything as mum died early this year.

nieghbours are at it asgain. this time i phoned police as they were shouting and it sounded like they were beating on the new pup they have had. it reached 11.20 night so i hammered on the wall. that didnt work so i phoned the police - police said it wasnt really anything they could do. so i phoned out of hours noise control. they rang back after an hour of me phoning them and said they were coming round. next door must have heard them knock as the noise stopped. when the man went it started again till 1.00 in morning. i have only had 4 hours sleep. i'm anger, confused at why im getting no help. i re rang the man to tell them they were at it again but he said he cant come back out as he was on another call.

this morning i woke up i have bags under my eyes from lack of sleep with them and 9 month old son, they started again at 6.15 this morning and woke me up by shouting at the puppy outside.

i saw the woman next door walk past my house and i went out to her and asked her why her husbandwas shouting till 1 in the morn - she said we i was banging not them. i told her i was banging the wall at them and that i had reported them to the council. she called me racist names like dirty wht b*tch, and wht trash and i told her she was being racist. she then pushed me when i told her i also called the rspca after hearing the noise from the animal, squealing. she insulted my mother whop had passed away early this year so i pushed her back and i walked of she told me that shje was fecthing her son and family.

i phoned the council who p[assed me on to hate rate number and then i phoned police. police came went to theres first had a word. then he came to mine and basicly told me he could take stastements but we would both be arrested and go to court.

i am so unhappy. i have been writing these incidents down since 2/nov/06. i moved in the month before that. i have treid to be nice but they are not bothered.

they own there own house - i am in a council property.

HELP

now they have let their dog poo on my path - i saw it do it i went round asked them to come and clean it up and they have tolod me they would. i waited as 1 hour went by and went back round. now they say it is not there dogs???? i actually saw there dog do it.

£50 fouling fine council... is it any good phoning. will they do anything

OK there are a number of issues to address here.

This sounds like an obvious question, but what race are the neighbours?

What type of properties are these? Semi detached houses?

Issue 1. Racial abuse is a serious criminal offence, and you need to pursue this via the full extent that you can. If the police state that you need to be arrested also, then I would suggest that you at the very least get this in writing, and either proceed and later go for the police for wrongful arrest(which it absolutely would be, unless you are missing something from your story...) or you make a complaint to the police regarding their behaviour, and then make a formal complaint for racial abuse.

Issue 2. Pushing you is assault, and is again a criminal offence. Did you retaliate in any way, or could be seen to have acted in a threatening, intimidating or aggresive manner? Please try and be as objective as possible when answering this, as if you were in any way whatsoever then you would be foolish to pursue this.

Issue 3. You need to speak to your local housing officer at the council, as well as environmental health, who have an obligation to get involved.

Issue 4. Keep a detailed diary of what is going on, and gather as much evidence to back this up as possible - whether it be videos, photographs or witnesses. This could be construed as harrassment.

Is this at a position yet where you would be willing to move? As overkill as it sounds, it would be the easiest way to resolve the issue....

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

In addition find out which councillor has the biggest mouth, as I stated in an earlier post there is always a councillor who loves to stir.

We have a few in the west midlands, they do make officals get on and do the job they are paid for.

Andy

Hi there

Race hate works both ways. It could be that they are causing you so much hassle because they hate white people. Its not always the whites who are to blame!!!! This sounds terrible to me. I have suffered at the hands of a noisy neighbour and it really can affect your health.

I would visit your doctor and let him know what is going on so that you have it on record. This will be good back up to get re-housed by the council. Do get in touch with your councillor, that is what they are there for; that's why we vote for them. Make a complaint to the police every single time this happens and also the noise control. Get in touch with RSPCA definitely if you think this puppy is being abused.

They sound absolutely awful. Pushing is assault. I know that in Scotland the police can remove the offending equipment that is making your life a misery. The guy I had problems with had 2 hifi's removed. Can you tape the noise? It may be a problem with deafening between the walls. If you are renting then the council should sort this out. I know that English law in relation to sound proofing houses isnt as good as Scots and the sound proofing doesnt have to be as good there.

Good luck

Gemspan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if this is still an ongoing issue?

I have also had problems with noisy neighbours in Council property, we called the police but they always say they cannot come out as they have no powers, local housing officer says they do and it's a circle all the time.

These people should not be given affordable local authority housing it seems so unfair. Obviously I need to live next door to you lol.

I really hope this has been resolved.

yes andrew. i had alot of support which i needed when i had neighbours from hell, the council are useless, nfh suggested i erected a small video camera on my property which i connected to a video recorder. if its on your property and not pointed onto the highway or neighbours then its legal. thankfuly my camera caught my neighbour deficating ,yes you have read right there. on my door step. With all other evidence they were evicted, thankfully.