Refusal to comply

clowders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

MBNA are refusing to comply with my SAR, sent back in Nov 2007 is there any way I can still claim the charges even though I don't know the amounts I have been charged?

Any ideas will be most welcome as I can not see them providing this info any time in the near future.

thanks

Clowders

Guest Old_andrew2018

Can you scan and post their reply, this will enable members with experience to advise you, it is possible that you will need to formally complain.

Hi MBNA refused to comply with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they wanted me to fill in a form and supply a photo id. My reply was you have been corresponding we me at this address for the last 4 years sending statement and demands and also phoning daily for the last four months you will comply or face court action.

They did not reply within 14 days so I sent LBA no reply again issued court proceeding they acknowledged and said they would defend in full then next day I got 30 to 35 A4 envelopes containing my data.

I have now started proceeding re agreement and return of charges and interest applied to charges. They have ignored me for 11 months they have only now we are at court started to correspond through the court.

MBNA are very well known for ignoring or just acknowledging a complaint/claim but not making any other response.

all the best dpick

• Haha 1

Hi all,

MBNA are refusing to comply with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), sent back in Nov 2007 is there any way I can still claim the charges even though I don't know the amounts I have been charged?

Any ideas will be most welcome as I can not see them providing this info any time in the near future.

thanks

Clowders

Did you sent it recorded delivery? have they cashed the cheque or postal order?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi purely my opinion and based on my experience with MBNA send them a letter before action then if they don't comply use N1 to issue proceedings ask for damages at the discretion of the court for less that £1000 this will allow the small claims track as it is a money claim. This was what I did MBNA acknowledged claim said they would defend in full then sent all my data not just the 4 years of statements they had supplied. MBNA also gave me £250 as compensation for having to claim.

I have found that MBNA will only do something when forced to by issuing court proceedings.

Just as a side point the 4 years of statements supplied before I issued proceedings were for the 4 years with no charges on them every other statement had charges. So for yourself they could be hiding a lot of charges from you, I got a shock when I found that my total claim for charges was £1600 I am now at court and with the interest still being applied on the claim it is now approx £1900

all the best dpick:)