mackenzie hall --- Advice please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A month or so ago I received a letter from mackenzie hall stating I owed £335.27, listed on the letter was the pursuers(PHOENIX RECOVERIES) and original creditor as littlewoods. Now many years ago I did have an account with Littlewoods, and I thought the debt had been settled by the insurance, I can't find any of the original paperwork and as I had not heard from them for years, assumed this had been settled. After the letter from mackenzie, i replied stating there was no way I can currently afford tp pay in full and offered £20 per month. I heard nothiong back untill today when i received a 'reduced settlement offer' the debt was now £234.69, but payment is nneded by 1st march , or they will take the matter further.

I would really appreciate any advice. Thank-you.

hi. If you do not know when you made a payment to these people, then I suggest you write to them ,and ask for written details of anything they have regarding the debt they say you have, you do need details of any payments you have made if you did pay. I am today chasing MacKenzie hall for details of debt from 1991 they say i have and made a payment in 2004 which i believe is wrong, and if i am the only correspondence they will have had from me was a pre printed letter from citizens advice, disputing the claim and informing them that said debt is statute barred. In my correspondence i did not admit to the debt and MacKenzie hall has 14 days to prove that i made a payment to them. they where told by trading standards to send me details. in short dispute the claim if you claim no payment made or debt does not exist, ask MacKenzie hall for written details. ope this helps if not speak with citizens advice for more professional help.

Hi there, thanks for your reply,

Topday I sent them a pre-printed letter from the national debtline website asking for a copy of the credit agreement and statement of account. So at least i will know what/if any money is outstanding and when i did last make a payment.

Althougth I think it was well over 6years ago, I think I might have excluded myself from the statute barred thing, as last time mackenzie wrote to me I said i would pay it at £20 per month, so they could say I have addmitted the debt, even thougth they didn't respond.

I wish I had looked mackenzie up sooner, their letters to me seem quite threatening.

Hi Sapphirelady2008,

We received a letter out of the blue from these empty heads regearding a compainy I`ve never heard of.

I sent the following letter -

Reference: ********* 12th November 2007

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to, or have even heard of BoxClever.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the Office of Fair Trading say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, for example, the last bill you have at our address.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the Trading Standards department and consider informing the Office of Fair Trading of your phishing actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

ME

When you said you would pay £20 a month, did you do it in writing or tell them over the phone?

I beleive that once a Debt is Statue Barred, then nothing can reinstate it.

I wouldn`t bother worrying much about them to be honest, they often send out letters to people who don`t owe anything. We sent the above letter and haven`t heard from the knobs again. I wonder why.

Just sit back and see what they send next, if anything. If they ring you, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM, EVERYTHING MUST BE IN WRITING!

Hope this helps, if so, please click my scales.

Regards

N.P

• Haha 1

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

That's reassuring to know mr.ton, I know I really did panic when i got the first letter from them, it was so random, for a debt i didnt know existed, just seemed so out of the blue. Saying they had been trying to contact for for some time (which they hadn't) and saying pay up or debt collectors would turn up, or I could even go to court. Friendly people.

Hi N.P

I put the £20 per month offer in writing after their first letter, which was just before christmas, I have had no response to that, just the most recent letter saying pay up by saturday or they will take things further.

Seemed odd to me that they had dropped it by £100, and they seem to have odd ways of paying.

Hi again Sapphire,

They probably dropped just to try and get something out of you.

Don`t pay them anything, they MUST prove they have a right to collect this alleged debt. They MUST produce a valid CCA to do this. Wait until their next letter if any.

If they send you anything interesting, then we`ll CCA them.

In the mean time, just relax and don`t think about them, that`s what they want you to do. They`re just a bunch on empty headed modern day terrorists.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Thanks Babybear, thats what I did today, if it's the thing where you enclose a £1 postal order, and I sent the letter recorded delivery too. It looks like if they don't comply with that within 12 days, then they can't pursure me anyway.

I really, wish I had found this site when I first heard from them.

:razz: evening. I am finding this site very interesting and helpful. In my post i said i wrote to them when they first wrote to me a few years back, I can not find the letter now but thanks to all on this site Mackenzie can sing as loud as they want and still get nothing. I am not sending mackhall any money for anything, not even the rquested paperwork that was asked for by trading standards. I look forward to seeing if they send any paperwork, i need a good laugh. Good luck to all dealing with these braindead robots, who have nothing better to do than send letters with no detail of said debts.

Hi all .....Just a little update, After sending Mackenzie hall a request for a copy of my agreement and statement of account, i recieved a letter from them today saying........

We have contacted our clients for a copy of your agrrement and statement of account.

Your account is currently on 'Hold'. Please be assured that no action will be taken against you.

Should we not recieve the relevant proof from our client within 28 days, we will close your file and return the file to our client. Our client will then decide what step to take.

As a gesture of goodwill, your payment has been returned. ( not that i can do anything with this payment as it was a postal order made out to mackenzie)

Wonder what will happen next. This letter certainly takes on a completely different tone to their previous...in my opinion threatening letters.

I have been thinking about this, I can't believe they are allowed to harrass and cause stress to people, without being in possession of all the necessary paperwork.

And I was wondering, the consumer credit act states they have to supply it to me within 12 days, so even if the original creditors do send it within 28 days......but mackenzie dont suppy it untill after the 12 days, can they still pursue?

After the 12 + 2 days expire, MH CANNOT persue you as the alledged account would be in dispute,and if they do, make a record of any calls, keep letters etc. and report them IMMEDIATELY to Trdaing Standards. Here's the link:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

MHall employees have a habit of not knowing what their colleague at the next workstation along the meat line is doing/saying/ writing etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the postman would deliver another letter to you in the next couple of days bringing the next threatogram from this bunch. If they do keep the letter carefully as it might be useful if/when a complaint is lodged against these chancers.

As to the return of the payment I'd return it to them and ask for it to be cashed and a cheque issued payable to you. Either that or they send you the cost of the postal order.