Charged £28 a month for charges :-(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been a NatWest customer for some years now.

For about the last 7 months I've been getting charged £28 per month for use of an unauthorised overdraft.

It all started when I went overdrawn by a few pounds without an agreed overdraft and had a letter telling me that I would have to pay £28 at the end of the month for this.

Although I brought the account back into balance immediately there was not enough money to cover the charges at the end of the month and so concequently it put me back in the red only to occur charges again the next month.

I asked NatWest if they could give me a small overdraft of £50 just as a buffer but they said that I could not have an overdraft until my account had been run again for 3 months without inocuring any charges.

I never seam to be able to keep enough money in every month to pay the charges so this has just snowballed on since then. Getting charged for charges that are applied by the bank although I bring my account into the black again every month.

Now I could try and keep 28 in this month to stop it, but I'm on such a tight budget that I don't think I'll be able to do it!

What do you think I should do? Ask someone to lend me 28 quid or just go see the bank and tell them to stop it!

Is this a bit naughty what they are doing?

Thanks

No point in asking them to stop it, they won`t, but they might refund some if you ask nicely. You`ll have to go through the same process as everyone else to get your refund, it`s the only way the banks will take any notice of you.

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

OK, I'll go see the bank and have word with them about this.

Then if I get no joy and I think I have a case, I'll start.

Cheers

Andrew