Avance - Notice of Impending Court Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have received a letter from a company called Avance refering to an overdue debt with Federal Express. I don't recall the exact details of the debt, but it is only for £19.62. Will Avance actually follow through with the threat for such a small sum? It seems a bit excessive to say that they intend to issue a claim against me in a local court for such a small sum.

Thanks in advance,

Skinnydogg.

Hi skinnyDogg. Do you anything about the debt eg how old it is etc. Yes unfortunatelty they probably will take you to court even though it is a small amount. But be aware should they do this they will also recover the costs of doing this.

Find out about the debt in question and ask for documentation. If all looks ok, then I would probably pay it. You do not want to have a CCJ against you for such a small amount.

However is the debt is over 6 years old, then it is statute

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

They just might go ahead with court - I would suspect that a company like FedEx has lots of small amounts owed to it with people thinking they won't sue, but if you add up all those small amounts I'll bet it's into the thousands at least.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi, SkinnyDog.

If you think the debt is yours, It's probably easier to just pay it, save any hassle. Like Goldlady and Jowalshy say, you don't want a CCJ against you for such a small amount.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No more sleepless nights then.;)

Take care.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone

I appreciate that Skinnydog has long since decided to pay up, but having gone through a similar experience with FEDEX just recently I have come to the conclusion that their back office is disorganized and lazy, and simply passes their problems unthinkingly to Avance/Documetric.

In my case I had a similar tacky letter from Documetric on 30th March about a FEDEX bill that I had paid back on 20th January so same day I emailed them explaining that. No reply until on 9th April I received the heavy duty "Notice of Impending Court Action letter" from the same "J.Watson", who I have since concluded is a fictitious character, which really ****ed me off. Clearly s/he was a lazy **** so I decided to put in a formal complaint by email, plus a copy for good measure via signed for delivery on 10th April. No good writing to the incompetent Watson again so I decided to escalate it to their CEO, Ian Carrel, Documetric Ltd, The Octagon,33 baird Street, Glascow, G4 0EE, icarrel at avancegroup.co.uk.

Today, I had a short email back from Emma at Documetric saying they had passed the problem back to Fedex, thus confirming in my mind that FEDEX back office operations are a bit of a shambles.

So my advice to anyone else is to stand your ground, do not let Documetric bully you into paying up for something that you have already paid for, just for a quiet life, and if necessary wop in a formal complaint to Carrel.