The ULTIMATE question. ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is one for you to discuss over your Shreddies.

I know everybody will have an opinion, which is great, so no slagging off please.

Can you answer me this, and why?.

Did God create Man ?

or,

Did Man create God. .

Who is going to be the first brave soul to answer?.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, by choice an atheist therefore my answer should be obvious.

This does not however mean that I berate others for their own beliefs unless they are extremist and dangerous to my existance.

The answer is a question in itself. If you believe in a God then He created Man. If not, he is a creation of mans belief

You can't argue with what scientists have detected and dug out of the ground, but I also can't argue with the 'amazing coincidences' that surround some religious people.

Could it be that God is a mythological tool used by man to manipulate the mind to give explanations to the unexplainable?

Sights that would have served as a miracle 2000 years ago have now boiled down to simple explanations of science.

For example, in the Bible, Genesis 9:14-15 it reads ;

It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, I shall set my rainbow to be seen in the cloud; “And I shall remember My covenant which is between Me and you; The waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.”.

To translate this into more simple terms it implies that God created the rainbow after the great flood as a reminder to man that God will never flood the Earth again. Present day people now know that a rainbow is nothing more than a reflection and refraction of the sun’s rays in drops of water that form the colors in the spectrum. There is no miracle in this although a rainbow is an exceptional sight.

Big debate here Tony . . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

there is no such thing as God.

And if he strikes me with a lightning bolt, its your fault.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I believe in God Almighty and His beautiful Creation of ALL things: Heaven and Earth AND in Jesus Christ His only Begotten Son WHO was Crucified, Dead and Burried - He ROSE again from the Dead, ascended into Heaven to be with the Father - AND HE's COMING AGAIN! Glory Be!

These are MY thoughts and Beliefs. Come, Lord Jesus, Come. Amen.

I impose these thoughts on no-one but sincerely believe them. I also suggest that CAG does not become a Religious platform for all the Believers and athiests to hijack the main reason we are here - TO RECLAIM UNLAWFUL BANK CHARGES.

:D

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

Just reviewing Thread, again.

ukaviator DOES NOT complete the sentence/quote of Genesis 9 14-15 - '' My Covenant which is between Me and you; The waters shall never again become a flood TO DESTROY ALL FLESH.''

Typical!

Think about it.

Link:

FAQ

It's almost like a bank contract, isn't it? God obviously has good lawyers. Apparently, the fish are safe.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I tend to think that Man invented God and then 'bent' this God to his own needs and desires and to produce a reason for his own unreasonable doings.

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I can't see the problem either .. :confused:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi UK,

'' My Covenant which is between Me and you; The waters shall never again become a flood TO DESTROY ALL FLESH.''

Apparently floods kill fish, however I'm not so sure. The last time we were flooded, there was a Salmon jumping in the field opposite !!!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi UK,

Apparently floods kill fish, however I'm not so sure. The last time we were flooded, there was a Salmon jumping in the field opposite !!!

I'm pretty sure it was the sudden absence of flood that killed the salmon. See? good lawyers.

Again. Typical.

Read MY quote IN FULL.

. . . DESTROY ALL FLESH.

HE did then (Exc Noah, and his and the animals).

HE HASN'T SINCE! Because He shows the rainbow - nothing to do with science!

Link:

FAQ

WHAT HAVE ADVERTS GOT TO DO WITH THE QUOTATION OF GEN 9 14-15 from the Scriptures Mr Milk?

I think you may be confused with the 'Tray' Man!

:grin:

Link:

FAQ

I suspect the only reason i didn't unapprove that last post is I didn't understand it.

Please play nicely.

. . . Milk . . . Tray . . . Man.

Who brought adverts into the question?

Easy peasy!

:grin:

Link:

FAQ

Bl**dy H*ll...I never knew that we had Jehova's Witnesses in N. Ireland!!!...:eek:

"...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me..."

(...pssst...Has he turned into salt yet??...lol...:p )

...:D

What's a Jehovah's Witness? (correct spelling).

What's Northern Ireland got to do with it?

I'M not Lot's wife - I'm looking forward!

Link:

FAQ

There is also the theory that god and the teachings in the bible (or any other gods and bibles) were invented as a "rule book" for human beings to live by - thou shalt not kill, steal, commit adultery etc etc. If fear of eternal damnation wasn't installed in the human race it could have been wiped out centuries ago.....

Can't remember who's theory it is but I know I read about it somewhere

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The first question we should be asking ourselves is “to which god is the thread starter referring?” The arguments for a god, or collection of gods, - be they ontological, cosmological or philosophical - tend to differ from religion to religion, and even from individual to individual (although this in itself is an argument for the non-existence of any god or god moniker).

Ultimately, of course, the question is as impossible to prove as it is to disprove, since it hinges fundamentally on personal faith - and to a lesser degree perception - rather than on quantifiable evidence. By extrapolation, it could be successfully argued that anything can exist with as much justification as a god (Russell's Teapot springs to mind), so the question for those of faith really changes from "Do you believe?" to "Why do you believe?", or, put to put even more simply, "What does belief in something that is impossible to show to be true give you, personally?"

At its core, the god-meme is largely like any other psychological illusion; it can be in and of itself - and can be employed as - either a benefit or a hazard. Where it lends stability and social cohesion, then the results - if not always the method - might be held up to be commendable; let's not forget that the framework of organised Western religion, whilst mind-numbingly brutal to those who didn't agree with it, was almost wholly responsible for the preservation, or creation, and development of most of the modern sciences, even though those sciences ultimately turned on the church.

Equally, almost all of the classical works and philosophies whose availability we take for granted have survived into the modern era thanks to the monastic scribes. This naturally has nothing to do with a god, but it is an example of how a groundless belief in a god can result in something that is beneficial to humanity as a whole.

There is of course the dark flipside to the god-meme. The religious corruption of children - who are by definition unable to adequately defend themselves - is especially reprehensible.

Philosophically, the god-meme and organised religion are two very different things, so it's equally important to be able to distinguish between the two when tackling the question of whether you believe (the question of whether "Man created God" or vice-versa is not the same one as "Do you believe in [a] God?").

Originally, of course, belief in a god figure was obviously essential. It not only gave a group cohesion and identity, but neatly explained the inexplicable. To put it more simply, monkey believed a god behind earthquake because monkey not understand tectonic plate movements. This is obvious. This is psychological. This is human. This is not, however, divine.

The Greeks probably understood this better than anyone else at their time, and probably better than most modern religions. The Greek gods represented facets of the experience of human existence. Ares was our bloodlust and madness in the chaos of conflict, Aphrodite our concept of beauty and lust, and so on. The pantheon was thus less of a ruling cartel and more a set of templates that could be drawn upon to form the basic guide for how to live as a human being (arguably one of the earliest bases of the 'rule book' Ell-enn mentioned). A common set of ideas leads to social cohesion, which is essential for understanding the identity of self. It should be remembered that the Greek religion was fluid; it operated no strict hierarchy, had no dogma, and had no need to proselytize (an extremely questionable hallmark of certain modern religions).

Gnostics took things rather more literally, rejecting the concept of gods as ideas designed to educate and replacing it with a single god who tended to spit his divine dummy out of the celestial pram whenever people chose not to believe what they did.

This is really the birth of the idea of a god who dishes out orders and desires which just coincidentally happen to agree with what the ruling classes want, and the basis for organised religion.

And religion, of any kind, has long been highly important as a means of social control (there is a reason the medieval bishops wanted to keep their texts in Latin). Whilst that control has become increasingly less widespread as humans as a collective have become increasingly educated, it still plays an enormous part in everyday life, often to the great detriment to our species.

Fundamentally, only one question is really of any genuine importance: Do you think that your belief - or non-belief - makes you a better human being?

Well, that and the other fundamental question: "Who shalt be next to joineth the swelling ranks of the Mafia Game?"