Orange are hopeless - again?

despot67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd list my woes with Orange on here and see what replies wing my way?

I pay for four phones on contract with Orange and I have been with them for over five years.In this time things have been more or less OK other than for three years on the trot when it comes to me renewing and upgrading - I get a free upgrade then in my next bill Orange have always tried to charge me. This happening once would be bad but three times - come on chaps?

Still my real gripe is this:

Two of the handsets I pay for are basic cheapo monthly contracts for my twin teenage daughters and part of account gives them free internet access after 7pm. Before Xmas I received my bill and it stated they had run up a bill which was £200 more than normal. My first reaction was to cancell Xmas (bah humbug) but I checked and they had accessed a website called bebo and had done so after 7pm.

I contacted Orange to dispute the charge and they stated bebo was exempt from the price plan and that I had to pay. I wasn't happy about this so I emailed bebo in the states and low and behold the next day their Managing director rang me at home?? WOW. He apologised and stated I didn't have to pay as it had been a servere error and Orange were aware of the problem. So I contacted Orange and after about five calls stating what I knew they admitted they were at fault and they advised me to cancell my direct debit until they could send an updated bill or else I would be paying too much and they assured me I would not be cut off.

Well what actualy happened is that they cut me off time and time again and I must have rang them over thirty times as it took them until the beginning of last week to rectify my account. I admit I didn't pay my bills but I was so annoyed that they couldn't even get it right between their own departments let alone tell me what was going on.

So last week I was finally credited and the next day I rang their billing dept and paid £150 over the phone.The chap was very helpfull and said I wouldn't be barred for at least 28 days and by then I would have paid even more off as usualy you have three months to clear any arrears - one happy customer?

NEXT DAY - CUT OFF. rang up and asked what had happened and explained what was said only the day before. This was totaly disregarded and I was told bluntly - pay everything by the end of the month or lose all use on the account until its paid.

Now I know I owe money I don't expect to get a clean slate for nothing but Orange have been appalling with lack of inter dept comms and that one person promises one thing then another takes it away?

My daughters contracts are up this month and I won't be renewing them and my wifes is up next month and the same goes there. I have faxed Orange explaining that I have lost all faith and they will be losing my business. I have 12mths left on my phone and they willd demand I pay till the end but if I do at leats its only giving them 30 notes and not the 130 I pay now?

Good grief :o I would get out quick! My experience with Orange when trying to negotiate deals with them, is that customer loyalty counts for nothing. Unfortunately, as with many companies, if deals aren't in writing they too seem to count for nothing.

I really wish i could have posted something more positive :-|

Best Wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Orange are proud of their Bebo link and it most certainly is free - I don;t pay for my connections to it. As for saying one thing and doing another, their billing system suspends phones without human intervention, irrespective of what the CS does - if the trigger limits are reached the phone goes offline, not ideal I grant you, but an explanation as to why it fell apart.

As for going somewhere else - you think other networks are better...? :)