You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

hayley

Aa Loans

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I don’t know whether i have put this in the right thread but please feel free to move it if it is the wrong section.

My friend is going through a divorce at the moment but when she was with her husband they took a loan out with the AA in joint names. Since parting he has refused to pay his half of the loan. My friend has been constantly harassed because she is the first name on the agreement, she has sent off the telephone harassment letter and they stopped phoning for a little while but now they have started again.

The AA are still chasing my friend for payment and not contacting her ex-husband, my friend has been paying half of the loan every month, but then they chased her for the arrears for the other half of the loan which she has now paid to get them off her back.

My question is what is the point in having a loan in joint names if they only chase the first name on the applicant for payment, is this right?

Many thanks

Hayley

Hi Hayley, I think one of the mods may want to move this into the debt section but I can answer your query anyway:

A loan in joint names means that both parties are ' joint and severally liable' for the loan. This means that the lender is legally entitled to chase EITHER party for the FULL amount.

Your friend does have options however.

1) If she can afford it she could pay the full amount each month and then sue her ex via the county court for his share.

2) If she can't afford to pay she should do a budget sheet to see how much she can afford and offer a reduced payment and ask AA to freeze interest & charges

She may want to speak to a freee debt advice charity such as National Debtline on 0808 808 4000. Depending on her exact circumstances and if she has other debts there may be other options open to her.

Great thanks powelll i will pass on the info:)