• Tweets

• you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sharpman V Egg

SharpmanTF1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent the usual letter 'N' to CCA Request from Egg.

Sent on 28th Jan 08.

Signed for on 29th 08

On checking my statement I notice that they have credited the £1.00 fee to the account and 'CHARGED £2.00 TO DO THIS':mad:

see statement image:

statement190208editedek6.th.jpg

A bit cheeky if you ask me.

Still no CCA as of today.

The 12+2 has well and truly lapsed with no sign of a cca.

Do I write to them to inform them of this and do I stop payments now.

or should I just stop payments.

Advice on next step appreciated.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

So they think they can charge more than the prescribed fee do they,

I am not sure of how to word your letter of complaint to them, or if you should write immediately to either the information commissioner to FOS.

I am sure that someone with experience will be available to advise.

If it was me I would love to complain to the FOS, am I correct in assuming this would cost them £400.00

They are unbelievable are they not? So they have obviously had your letter as you say it was signed for. Do I take it they have not responded at all? I would suspect that someone has not read it and just credited the cheque to your account.

My first reaction would be to stop paying and tell them to get lost. They do have another 30 days after the 12+2 to supply your agreement, and indeed if they suddenly manage to find it after 6 months the debt would become enforceable again.

If it was me I would be tempted to make the next payment (hopefully the last) and send them a letter reminding them of their obligations after receiving your request. If you can't find one I am sure I have one in my library:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi, Sharpman.

I've 'lifted' this post from one of the Mods.Gizmo111.

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested, after a further month the creditor has committed an offence. This offence can be reported to the Trading Standards Authority (in the creditors area, not your local one), or the FSA.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

If a CCJ has already been entered against a debt, then there is no point in requesting the agreement under the CCA, if your intention is to argue that the debt is unenforceable, since the debt has already been enforced. You can however request a true copy of the original signed credit agreement if you wish to check original terms and conditions etc. If they do not supply it then your only recourse is to report them to the aforementioned agencies. It would be very difficult to prove that they didn’t have the agreement at the time judgment was entered.

It is imperative that you continue to pay any debt under the terms of a CCJ.

Issuing a court claim for non-compliance of a CCA request in all probability achieves nothing to benefit to the debtor, as a court claim is likely to spur a detailed search which could well end up with them producing a perfectly acceptable original signed agreement in court – which would result in the debtor losing the case, and being made liable for the creditor’s costs.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist, because at the end of the day the debtor spent the money and therefore they owe it and need to pay it back The debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Day 12+2 + 8days no sign of a CCA But those nice fellas at Egg have kindly sent me a 'Default Notice' - how kind .... not:mad:

I recieved one of their 'We're closing your acccount' letters recently.

Was paying more than the minimum payments until I reached a point where I could no longer continue with all my creditors.

So I decided to confirm that they had the correct information - executed agreeement etc.

Sent the CCA request. (see post 1)

As I have not recieved a CCA would that mean that this account is in dispute, and if so, am I right that They can't issue a default notice until they provide a correctly executed agreement, be it a certified true copy.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An issue that is subject to great debate Sharpman. Whilst non-production of a CCA makes the debt unenforceable in a court it does not wipe the debt out. In theory they can still put a default on your record. There have been a few people on here who have sought to have defaults removed on the basis that no CCA exists but it is not a guaranteed success. Something I have not yet delved into - being quite happy for the debts to go away:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Section 78(6) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 says

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)--

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

So, yes, the account is unenforceable until they come up with an agreement and you can consider it in dispute. In any letters, you should write 'ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE' in big bold letters at the top. As they may not enforce it that includes issuing a default. They would be breaking the law if they did.

Hi peeps,

Any suggestions for format of letter to send to EGG in relation to non production of CCA after Request on (signed for) 31st jan 2008. It's well past the 12+2 position.

I'd like to get everything sorted either way so I can concentrate on the other debts.

I think I was stupid enough to send them an I&E with an offer of pro rata payments before I got the reply back - was a bit worried about paying a reduced payment without keeping them in the picture. They've come back with the ok to the reduced rate with a review in 6 months but no reply to the CCA request. altho, as you can see from the post at the begining of thread they've cashed the PO and charged me the privilege of sending it.

Obviously I'd like to confirm that they even have an enforceable agreement (account several years old.)

Any suggestions greatly recieved.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just write and remind them that they have not complied with your request under s78 of the CCA 1974 within the statutory period and that means they may not enforce the debt - ie they may not ask for paymennt and you do not have to make any payments, they may not add intrest or charges and they may not pass information concerning the account to any third party includeing but not limited to CRAs. If this state of affiars continues for a month they commit an offence under s78(6) of the Act.

Hi again.

Any body know is there regulation guidelines for format of default Notices.

What I'm interested in is are there any guidelines as to how many pages a default notice is allowed to cover.

I have one from Egg, it covers two A4 sheets of paper.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's A copy of the Default Notice as Mentioned in Previous post.

Could someone cast a beady eye over it to see what you think.

Bearing in mind this was sent out 5 days after the CCA request failed the 12+2 point.

defaultcensoredqg3.th.jpg ......defaultcensoredpage2vt1.th.jpg

Also, in the last paragraph on page 2 it states they may terminate the agreement.

Now here's the thing. They have already terminated the agreement. I was one of those 'Lucky' ones.

Thanks in advance

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SharpmanTF1, reading between the lines you would like the DN withdrawn, and demands for payment stopped, on the grounds that Egg has failed to produce your CCA to date.

Reading Steven's comments the non-production of CCA will prevent Egg from demanding payments in court or out of court. The lawyers will have to clarify if Egg would be prevented by laws and regulations from blackening your credit rating at Experian. Passing the DN to Experian does not constitute an act of debt collection, it is merely an act of sharing financial intelligence among the trade union of money-lenders.

Until the CCA is produced the court will not enforce collection of the alleged debt, but equally the court will not rule that no debt exists simply because no CCA has been produced. To stop the DN before the deadline I believe you will need to prove the alleged arears as shown by recent statements are wrong. If preventing the DN is important to you, you might consider some horsetrading with Egg -- if Egg will do something for you, then you will do something for them. Faced with the prospect of losing all chance of collecting your card balance (if indeed they have irretrievably lost your CCA), Egg might consider a horsetrading proposal.

Passing the DN to Experian does not constitute an act of debt collection, it is merely an act of sharing financial intelligence among the trade union of money-lenders.
It is, however, an act of enforcement which they cannot do whilst the account is in dispute. If they do, it is an offence under s78(6) of the the CCA 1974. In addition, if they cannot produce an executed agreement, they don't have your permission to share your data and so it is an offence under the DPA 1998 as well.

In addition, if they cannot produce an executed agreement, they don't have your permission to share your data and so it is an offence under the Data Protection Act 1998 as well.

If this is strictly enforceable in the courts, I wonder how many personal files out of the tens of millions maintained by Experian and Equifax cannot be backed up by a physically existing CCA. Experian et al ought to make inspection of the CCA a condition for accepting consumer data.

A nationwide campaign to request CCAs could bring the credit cards to their knees.

• 1 year later...

Ok, going over my stuff again.......

update as of 16 dec 2009.

Wrote to Egg beginning Jan 2008 for a copy of the CCA (can't remember when I opened the account - which, I assume is one of the legitimate reasons for doing a CCA request)

Got no response from them but they did recieve the letter as indicated in an earlier post as they had cashed the po and charged me 2 squid for the effort. (as indicated in a copy of statement posted on earlier post.)

I sent them a letter on 28th Feb 2008 pointing out that I had not received a response from them and also pointed out the error of their ways in the use of the 'Fee' and the charge for using that 'fee'

I think they aren't really interested as I'm paying them some money, all be it a reduced amount. So I could probably see it from there point of view as long as they are getting some cash they aren't bothered.

Well, I think I need to start things rolling again.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to wording etc, and who to write to to get a response from them.

Does any body have the correct address to send a SAR to for EGG ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

update .....

Just had a look back at my bank statements - I have a payment to eg in the beginning of 2002. so the 'alleged' card was opened before 2002 - i have a feeling well before 2002.

So, my question is,

When did online agreements for egg come into force?

would this agreement have been a postal, physical agreement to be signed and returned?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

As The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 came into force in December 2004 any online agreements entered into prior to this date still need a signed executed credit agreement.

Electronic signatures weren't considered valid until this date.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks scott,

I guess I can safely assume that the 'agreement' along with all those other egg ones is flawed. all I need to do is get them to send me a 'true copy'

from all the other threads from egg i understand this is not easy as i'm finding out. nearly a year for a CCA request, me thinks they are extracting the urine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]