Outstanding debt - Swap supplier?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know whether you are allowed to switch electricity suppliers if you have outstanding debt with your current supplier?

I am with EON, my bill for last quarter was over £900 (I dont see how this can be correct, but anyhow...)! Obvs cant pay this, but am going into a payment plan with them. What I want to know is, is it possible to switch supplier (with a meter) if you have outstanding debt? I want a meter, but with equipower, not EON as I've heard the rates are ridiculous!

Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no, you can't! Your existing supplier will raise an objection when they receive the Change of Supplier request from the new supplier, and the transfer will be cancelled.

my bill for last quarter was over £900

Is this based on estimated readings? This seems suspiciously high, even if it represents all three major utilities.

In the first instance, I would ensure that you get proper readings to your supplier(s) and have the debt revised.