Anyone else received a letter from Barclays re the test case & your stayed claim?

mikejames1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received one last week & as yet haven't seen anything posted on here so will be what I see as the first.

Feel free to direct me to any information if it's already been posted!

The letter is at home but is basically saying the test case is taking longer than anticipated so your stay was until x date however we think teh case will be concluded around y date however y date exceeds when we asked for your claim to be stayed until SO are you ok with that?

I'm not sure what else I can really say but wondered if anyone else had received anything on these lines?

Cheers

Hi there,

The Stay on your claim imposed by the court had a specific expiry date, as opposed to the Stay applying "Until the determination of the Test Case".

I suggest you write to the court and say:-

Dear Sir or Madam,

Claim No xxxxxxx

Me -v- Barclays Bank PLC

I refer to the courts last directions which put a Stay on my claim until 29th Feb 2008.

I agree to an extension of the Stay, which expires on 29th Feb, until the determination of the "OFT Test Case".

Unless I hear to the contrary, I assume my attendance is not required for the extension of the Stay imposed by the court.

Yours faithfully

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Because the court and the bank will not agree to the lifting of the Stay while the OFT case is unresolved.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

well I have to be quick & find the letter then and write out to the court. yes it is similar to what I received. simply an ask to extend the stay. if i missed the date to agree it would mean I agree without written consent anyway wouldn't it?

Hi Mike,

TBH, the court should extend the Stay anyway, whether you write or not.

As Barclays have written to you about the Stay, it is polite to contact the court to confirm your agreement.