Commercial rent review

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone can help, I am a landlord , and I have a contract with my tenant where the rent is reviewed after the first three years, this review is now coming due, but i have no idea how to calculate what the new rental should be, this is a super tenant, and I would not want to lose their business or be unfair , however we all have costs to take into consideration.

Can anyone advise me how to calculate the increase , also, should i first approach the tenant asking for a little more so that they can "bargain me down a little?"

I would be most grateful for any help anyone has to offer.

Thanks

Without seeing the actual review clause it is difficult to be certain but a 'standard' review clause will be based on comparable evidence of similar commercial properties.

It is usual to go in at a higher figure than you can strictly justify but, to be honest, it's not really a DIY job unless you have a semblance of knowledge as to how to go about it.

If I was you I would instruct a surveyor to deal with it for you; he will usually charge a fee based on the level of increase he achieves.