BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4394 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey.. Im not sure where i stand with this.. but im sure some of you could hopefully help me out.

I am overdrawn with 2 of my step accounts (i have 3)

I have been getting texts and calls twice a day for a week now.. whenever i answer the phone and they want to go through security i decline, how do i know who they are!! Anyways, today i had enough and answered the security, it went a bit like this

NW: can you pay off the debt in full,

ME: no..

NW: could you ask family or friends to pay it,

NW: could you make any payment today,

NW: Your other step account ending xxxx is currently in credit, we will take the money from that account

ME: no, that money isn't mine.. its my sisters, and i can prove this with wage slips.

NW: when could i pay it all off by,

ME: I don't know.. I am on unpaid maternity leave, and i live off tax credits at the moment.. which isn't a lot.

NW: you are not helping with the situation, I am going to put a fast track on to your account so it goes to the next step. Could you return all you cards and cheque books to your local branch asap.

ME: (a bit miffed now) when you pay me back all the unlawful charges they have taken off me, i won't have a debt to pay.. so just give me back the charges..

NW: I can't do that as the court case hasn't finished yet.

ME: Well when it does, get back in touch with me.. oh, and i would like all future correspondance in writting. Any more texts or phone calls and i will be filling for harrasment

NW: Do what you like, we will not stop until the debt has been paid off

i hang up before i loose my rag.

Anyways.. what do i need to do to stop the calls and texts, i have noted the dates and times of all the calls and texts i have already received..

Also, my 3rd account has my sisters wages paid in to it.. no money of mine goes in to it.. can they take the money from this?? Im worried they will take this money, and i have no way of paying her back.

Lastly.. how did it get to this point.. i didn't realise step accounts could go overdrawn.

Hi Nickismee

Firstly Natwest can be a right pain at times I've been dealing with them for the past two years.

Send them one of these :

Click here: Dca / Creditor Harassment By Telephone Letter - The Consumer Forums .

B.T. also offers a service for home phones called choose to refuse it's free for the first month and most companies stop calling by that time.

Also there's a really friendly and helpful forum just for people having problems with Natwest and that's here :Click here: NatWest Bank - The Consumer Forums

I'm afraid to say that if the account that your sister has her wages paid into is in your name and you owe Natwest money then sooner or later they will take the money :mad:

The best idea is if you can have her wages paid in somewhere else until this dispute is sorted.

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hey.. thanks for the reply.

They ring my mobile, not the house phone... and i really don't want to change numbers.

I have explained everything to my sister and she is going to try and open a bank account this week (she hasn't got a passpoet or driving licence, so its not going to be easy)

I don't mind giving back the cards etc as i have a halifax currant account, i don't use natwest anymore.

Where do i stand with the fact i have managed to go overdrawn with a step account??? i know at the end of the day, it's my fault.. but surely there should have been something there to stop me going overdrawn.

I have just sorted out the letter to send to them regarding the calls and texts.. but im unsure where to send it..

Agree with Caz1974 here.

have you got a complete list of charges? if not you need to S.A.R them to get full list, write letter to them telling that account is in dispute due to charges and you are waiting for test case to decide on unfair charges. i just done this with abbey, it probably get ignored BUT you have told them and if they take it further you have the right to make complaints against them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

unfortunatly you will need to send this with £10 cheque/postal order and they must comply within 40 days

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

if they have written to you have a look at small print right at bottom of letter, it will show their head orfice address, send it there, it MIGHT even show it on statements

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Hi Nick if you click this link it's all the up to date info for contacting NatWest.

I always send any complaints to Customer relations

Click here: **** NatWest Contact Information **** - The Consumer Forums

But try also cutting and pasting your letter and sending it in email that can help:)

• Haha 1

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

WD Caz for that, worth a click on scales me think :)

Abbey charges, Won

Well, i think its all sorted now.. it has only taken 3 months!!

Anyways, i have agreed to a consolidation loan from natwest to clear off the debt.. paying back over the year i am paying £16 back in interest, so i don't think its too bad. They didn't have to put me through a credit search either which is a plus..

I think the letter worked too, the phone calls and texts stopped, instead i was unindated with letters, lol.. oh well..

btw, what did u mean by "worth a click on the scales"? thats has gone straight over my head, lol.