Can I Get Out Of My Bt Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed 6 months ago with one of these offers 6 months at £9.99 to appear as a credit on your first bill. My first bill came and no credit and was bill over £200, this was for the previous 3 months and the next 3. And as I say no sign of the credit. Surely this must breach terms and conditions does it not?

On to the next issue, from the day my BBand went live I was getting dial up speeds during the day, The day it went live I actually phoned to cancel and they said I couldn't as it had already went live, over ther past months they ahve tested the line and done all sorts, but they can test it as much as they want, they traffic shape during the day and no amount of testing will fix this. I get download speeds of 10Kbps between about 9am and 12am after that I can hit speeds of about 500-600kbps

There has to be some way of getting out surely as this is not what they advertised? I phoned them up to question the credit, the advisor said I did get a credit on my first bill but I checked and I didn't, I phoned again the advisor said I was put on some legacy package which didnt have an offer, I knew I did have an offer so phoned again and asked "If I didn't have any offer etc would I have got a free hub and phone?" No the advisor said.

So they are messing me about.

Any advice? Can I get out? If so how?

Guest louis wu

I think I would write to BT explaining your situation, pointing out the failures they have made, and asking them to investigate.

I think I would offer them the chance to correct their mistakes with a financial award. Give them 2 weeks to respond.

Mrs Jillian G Lewis

Customer Service Director

BT plc

Correspondence Centre

Durham

DH98 1BT

Hi,

I was having a problem with BT Broadband continually dropping out and spent many weeks on the phone trying to communicate with their overseas call centre. Calls dealt with by someone whos accent was so heavy I really didnt understand them so I switched to email.

Then the problem of emails not being answered so I wrote to:

Mrs Jillian G Lewis

Customer Service Director

As mentioned above.

Sent recorded delivery of course as I dont trust large companies/organisations. They have a habit of denying ever receiving a letter !!

Anyway, to cut a long story short:

I was called by the Assistant to the Chairman's Office and Chief Executives who assured me that she was taking a personal overview of my problem.

Within a week a problem at the exchange (which BT denied existed) was fixed and an engineer visited my home and sorted things at my socket.

Now my broadband is OK AND I today got a letter from BT telling me they are giving me a credit on my account of over £50

I think thats a good result, just a shame I had to write to them in the first place but sadly I have found BT customer service to be generally appalling.

Steve

As regards the cap - it depends on the deal you take out. I use Option 2 and we run 3 - 4 pcs (online gaming, music downloads, no films) and we have never been capped. The download speed sometimes throtles back but I suspect this is a bandwidth problem rather than any deliberate policy by BT.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.