Lowell Financial - Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We received an SMS (delivered by voice) message from Lowell Financial insisting that someone who does not live here ring them today. We ignored this.

A week or so later we get a call for her. I point out that she does not live here and the address they have is not this one, and insist they remove all record of our phone number.

Fast forward to today - two more calls, and the landline is ringing every ten minutes trying to deliver another BT SMS message (same) - I hang up, so it keeps re-trying.

There are two nuisances here - the first is Lowell and the second is BT by repeatedly ringing with this text message I have not solicited.

Can anyone advise how I put a stop to this -

Is there a template letter to send to Lowell?

Separately, can these/any/all BT SMS messages be stopped altogether as a feature, or do we need to write to them to force them to disable it? As while BT are trying to deliver them I consider BT to be a party to this nuisance problem.

I've been trying to hunt down a landline handset which will put a stop to this sort of thing (thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/126663-help-privacy-features.html) and it does not look like there is one or a proper solution though some of the Philips handsets come close.

Thanks,

Mark

Just an update :)

I expected to have to write to BT and wait a month for a response as is normal - however dialling 0800 661 441 gets an immediate response from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Dial 0800 587 5252 then opt to change the curfew times then press 5 to opt out completely - that stops the SMS messages for good.

I can understand your frustration with Lowells, but how can you blame BT? They are just providing a service, much like a mobile phone company sends SMS to your cellphone. BT cannot be expected to know that the SMS is a nuisance message. Anyway, you seem to have found a solution now.