credit report question

JayJoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just did my first credit report online and I went to the "Requests for your credit History" and there seems to be a lot of things. I don't have a credit card or anything so this is why I'm curious.. Theres a lot of banks listed and AMEX. Is this normal? I just want to make my sure no one is getting a credit card in my name or something. As in someone in my household doing it. btw im only 20 and i live with my parents.

65966910hj7.png

These are non-reported searches as it says at the top these searches are only visible to you. They are not searches for new credit facilities as these would be reported so it does not appear that anyone is using your details.

These sorts of searches are normally used to review the facilities under an existing agreement. If a company you had a card with saw you were getting into difficulty elsewhere they might reduce your limit (or in the case of Egg recently - close your account altogether!).

The searches should only be carried out if you have given consent for credit searches when signing an agreement so if you don't have accounts with these companies question what they are doing.

The other explanation is that they could be in respect of your parents as a credit report will bring up everything that happens against the same surname at the same address. So make sure the searches are specifically against your name before you approach the companies concerned.

Hope this helps

The thing is I have no credit cards and I have never had one in my life. All I have is a checking account with a debit card. So I'm wondering if theres something going on in my name that im unaware of?