MINT - PPI - Self Employed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just logging that I'm sending off an SAR to MINT and then intend to go after them for mis-sold PPI. Any tips/experience/horror stories/tales of unbridled joy specific to dealing with MINT do let me know.

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Just logging that I'm sending off an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MINT and then intend to go after them for mis-sold PPI. Any tips/experience/horror stories/tales of unbridled joy specific to dealing with MINT do let me know.

Hello Freelance,

Welcome onboard:D

Glad to see you have started the process by sending for the information with a SAR.

You are about to embark on a very education journey:-D

The only tips I would say, is don't be put off by anything that they state to you and be absolutely determined to pursue it

If you need help, advice, just ask:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 month later...

MINT are now well over the 40 days to supply the SAR details so a letter will be going out to them on Monday.

Score Card

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

Hello again freelance,

keep at them they are using the same tactics as for unlawful bank charges.

they will keep everything to their timescales flouting the relevant legal Acts by asking you to provide information and more information and all they want to do is hold onto you cash for as long as possible. If they can make it difficult then they will. I am having a real battle with RBS am now up to 16 (both ways) items of correspondence ( Iknow it is 16 as I have them marked ready for my Court Bundle) and so far have only received three lots of statements (one with my surname incorrectly spelled) and a letter stating the information would be sent as soon as possible. First letter sent 7 Jan .................delay three months.

If they fail to produce in the required statutory period then complain. From what I see on the site the Information Commissioners Office is swamped with complaints so you could go down the legal route through the Courts. I am unable to advise you here but there will be many CAG Members who can.

Good luck:-D

aa

and keep the envelopes from you mail in to tally the dates

I had to put this in as an Edit or BRW would have pounced!!

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating.................

Sent MINT a shirty note about not complying with my SAR request and a couple of days later an apologetic letter turned up aaaaaaaaand.......... nothing but a bunch of copy statements, which being the good little self-employed person I am I already had anyway for tax purposes (well most of them, ahem). Another letter has gone off today telling them to pull their finger out and send everything else.

I want my £10's worth of records and I want it now!

Score Card

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

Hello freelance,

keep at it I have had to resort to drastic measures see post 47 on the alanalana thread. My Letters are going tomorrow. If you get no joy, you can opt for Court action or the Information Commissioners Office I have gone down the Information Commissioners Office route as you will see if you read my letter. It's just more delaying tactics but remember they have 40 days to comply fully with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) before you can swing into action

regards

and good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.