Help Please

lloyds1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Recently send my first letter to Cap one asking to be refunded £452, but have has no correspondance from them and they have credited the account with £176 - the difference between the £20 and £12.

I didnt ask to be credited the differnce they have just done it !!

Has anyone else out there had this ?? And how do i proceed ?? Do i now just send the LBA and request the rest ??

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response Michael !!

Does anybody have a copy of the letter i should send back to them to reject the offer ??

I have seen letters before for both LBA's and rejecting offers, which is the easiest route to go down before i can start N1 ing ??

Yes, s69 8% interest is included in your POC's

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....eadsheets.html

EnglandSimpleSpreadsheet.jpg

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it and print out as your schedule of charges.

If you don't have Excel, Works or OpenOffice use this online s/s:

Spreadsheet: Online & Simple to Use

iCalculate

Thanks again mate

Just one more question, i promise !!

When filling out the N1 form it requires me to enter the below info;

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

The overdraft intrest i assume i can delete as it does not relate to a bank account ?? And what does it mean by the 'daily rate' and £xx.xx per day ??Is it daily rate minus charges and od interest x0.00022, or am i being thick ??

When filling out the N1 form it requires me to enter the below info;

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx This is overdraft interest that relates directly to your penalty charges, as opposed to general overdraft interest. It's difficult to separate out and for simplicity most people don't bother.

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

And what does it mean by the 'daily rate' and £xx.xx per day ??Is it daily rate minus charges and od interest x0.00022, or am i being thick ??

If you are not claiming the overdraft interest on your charges, the daily rate is the total of your charges x 0.00022

eg £495 x 0.00022 = £0.11p

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lloyds1981,

if my claim against Cap1 is anything to go by, you should be getting the "we do not agree, but here you go" letter very soon:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no response from Capital One !! Is there anyway i can chase the court or capital one to see how the claim is being processed ??

They do have until the 4th of April to respond, but i am getting a bit twitchy !!

You can't really chase it up. They've got till 4th to acknowledge service, file a defence, or whatever. They usually do acknowledge, to be honest. But you should be getting your "of course you're wrong, blah blah loads of rubbish but we'll pay up anyway" letter soon.

Well just checked my post this morning and still have had no response from capital one, also checked the card account and they havent credited the account !!

Should i leave it a few more days or press on with the judgement ??