29spots v CapOne

29spots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked out that CapOne owe me about £450 in charges and interest, sent letter asking for my money back. Capone have been quite good and responded quickly. I have got to the stage that my next step is to take court action as they have have made me an offer of £120 and this is their final offer and will not be increasing it. They have calculated this as the difference between their original charges and the amount OFT advised them they should be charging.

I am a bit concerned as this card is up to date and we still want to use it and taking court action they may decide to cancel the card (it only has a limit of £400). But I am also thinking that they will not bother to defend a small amount of £450 in court.

Starting with NatWest - 3 personal, 5 business accounts

Next 11 credit cards

Next personal loans, morgages, sercured loans

Then anything else I can think of.

I worked out that CapOne owe me about £450 in charges and interest, sent letter asking for my money back. Capone have been quite good and responded quickly. I have got to the stage that my next step is to take court action as they have have made me an offer of £120 and this is their final offer and will not be increasing it. They have calculated this as the difference between their original charges and the amount OFT advised them they should be charging.

I am a bit concerned as this card is up to date and we still want to use it and taking court action they may decide to cancel the card (it only has a limit of £400). But I am also thinking that they will not bother to defend a small amount of £450 in court.

Hi I have not read any thread where Cap 1 has cancelled a card though most like mine have been cancelled before starting claim. Most claims my own included have been settled after you issue a court claim they say will defend in full then payout 4 weeks later.

It would seem that cap one will only settle after the start of court proceedings they will then return charges interest applied to those charges and the courts 8% interest on total.

all the best dpick:)

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Thank you dpick for your comments they are encouraging. I would like a few more opinions if possible please.

Starting with NatWest - 3 personal, 5 business accounts

Next 11 credit cards

Next personal loans, morgages, sercured loans

Then anything else I can think of.

They are about to make you jump through every hoop they can find and waste the time of the court system before giving you back money that they took unlawfully. My opinion is why on earth would you want to carry on dealing with them once you've reclaimed what's yours?

Vote with your feet, cut up your card and hit the money grabbing lowlifes where it hurts. Right in the figures :D

:p Wanting out of the red and into the pink! :p

If I've been nice please tip my scales. If I've been naughty, tip 'em twice! ;)

CURRENTLY CAGGING -

NatWest Bank - no response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), 40 days passed

Natwest CC - no response to CCA, 12+30 days passed. Calls continue, I ignore.

Sainsburys CCs x 2 - Current T&Cs rec'd in response to CCA request. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Calls continue, mobile set to auto ignore.

Capital One - Copy application form rec'd in response to CCA. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Standard final response received. Calls continue, I ignore.

Cap One have no intention of defending in court. They said they would wih me, but tried to settle before court case, but i took it into court, and won charges, interest, damages and costs. Good luck keep going and issue your claim in court.