• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My partners quick way of getting rid of a DCA- He says it works.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner says this works and TBH we have not had a DCA/OC call us for months now.

When ever a DCA/OC rang up in the past and wanted money or more money to pay a debt he would politely explain we had not more money.

They would start getting demanding but he would stick to his guns. One day he got bored with these idiots as it was the third time in 3 days he decided he would have a laugh.

The when his phone went and they started asking for more money he decided to start chatting them up and asking personal questions and then started freeking them out by saying stuff like you know what l want to do to you, can l tell u about this freeky fettish l have.

The DCAs/OCs quickly hung up and are yet to call back.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

MTM just because you dont have any fun does not mean other ppl cant.

Wino.

I am just ammased it works. but it has been rather quiet recently so i cant try it out for my self.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I am just ammazed it works. but it has been rather quiet recently so i cant try it out for my self.

Chrissi

I dont think the fetish option would work for a female, I can confirm that being weird on the phone does work though :D

When mormans come to the door tell them you are cathoic when a life insurance company phone say your would like life insurance but you ahve cancer ect ect it works

friend of mine once answered the door to a mormen caller totaly naked and before they had time to say anything said can you hang on a minute while we catch the goat... :D

• 4 weeks later...
My partner says this works and TBH we have not had a DCA/OC call us for months now.

When ever a DCA/OC rang up in the past and wanted money or more money to pay a debt he would politely explain we had not more money.

They would start getting demanding but he would stick to his guns. One day he got bored with these idiots as it was the third time in 3 days he decided he would have a laugh.

The when his phone went and they started asking for more money he decided to start chatting them up and asking personal questions and then started freeking them out by saying stuff like you know what l want to do to you, can l tell u about this freeky fettish l have.

The DCAs/OCs quickly hung up and are yet to call back.

Chrissi

I think a great trick when they phone is to say nothing :wink: but give it a lot of heavy breathing coupled with the sounds of passion :eek: - The don't necessarily hang up but they don't interrupt either:D

lol jon. there must e stveral tricks to get rid of dcas on the phone other than putting it down.

Some DCAs are to easy to wind up especially Interium justica

yeah i know of that clip senn it over 100 times and always makes me laugh.

• 4 months later...
I almost WANT them to call me now.

If they do, and you have the nerve, say,

Hold on, i will just get him/her for you, put the phone down to one side and then go off and do something else.

8 minutes and 10 seconds was the longest they ever held on for me.

They dont ring anymore, strange that.

Edited by tonycee
spelling

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hiya guys :)

I had a bit of fun with a DCA who was pestering us a while back. I must admit I don't normally enter into a discussion of any kind with them but I was in an extremely bad mood and they caught me right at the wrong moment :-x

They phoned for the umpteenth time asking for my OH so I said "he has run off with another woman!"

The guy asked if I knew his forwarding address so I said I didn't but when I did I was going to go round and cut off his [edit] and stuff them down his throat...and that I was extremely distressed right now so if he (the caller) didn't [edit] and stop pestering me I would go round to their office and do the same to him!!

He quickly apologised for calling and said sheepishly that if I did hear from my OH perhaps I would kindly let him know they had called...rofl :lol:

After that the calls stopped!

Great fun!

Love SG x

Edited by GuidoT
Circumventing the swear filter
  • Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Ok then dont upset spirit girl.

I like ur reply tho must give it a try.

:eek: Oops ... I didn't know I was circumventing the swear filter with my post Cagbot - I honestly thought you could put asterisks in naughty words to filter them yourself - sorry 'bout that! :rolleyes:

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 2 weeks later...

these are funny...

Would love to to have a go with LINK [edit] Financial..They have really stressed me out over the last 4 months.. Had me in tears when I put the phone down on ...Wish i read these post before...!

Edited by GuidoT
Please do not circumvent the swear filter

• 7 months later...

Not a DCA but had a good one with a telesales for mobile phones from an Indian call center. The guy was insistent on telling me all about it and as I had a bit of spare time watching tv i decided to see how far he would go. I listened to him showing real interest for over an hour until he asked for some personal details as to where he could send the contract and phone at which point I told him i wasnt interested, he went absolutely beserk. First time I have heard what I think are swear words in the Indian language.

lol i wonder what he called u

• 1 month later...

Not to do with DCA's but I remember a chap once telling me he got a telephone call trying to flog him something or other.

So he told them to hold on while he went to get the person in question.

Came back on the phone putting on an accent saying "I'm glad you've called I've got a lvoely Skoda Fabia outside, low miles very good condition, I was looking for £2500 but I'll let it go for £2000 cos I'm moving shortly."

Caller: "What are you going on about?"

Oh I just thought I'd do the same thing as you were doing to me, good day.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.