• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Get the ball rolling!!

ChelseaGirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going back a few years, I was with Lloyds, and I went £3 overdrawn in an account I wasn't really using. I paid the money in and thought nothing more of it, then I went overdrawn again with a £30 charge for when I went £3 overdrawn. I paid that and then asked them to close the account. They refused because it was a joint account and I couldn't get my ex partner to sign. I then got another charge for going overdrawn with the charge. I stopped paying it at this stage and the account went up to about £140 overdrawn. I now have debt collectors knocking at my door for this money. I refuse to pay it. This is like music to my ears!!! I have just written to them (8th March) with the DPA letter. Let's see what happens. The only thing that worries me is that it might of been more than 6 years ago.

Wait and see

HSBC - Default Judgement - £4892

HSBC, PA 29/3/06 LBA 12/04/06

HSBC, Court Claim Filed - 26/04/06

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

Still waiting for a response - suppose they do have 40 days!!

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

I hadn't heard anything from the letter that I sent over a week ago, so yesterday I sent it via email stating that I hadn't had any acknowledgement. Just recieved a standard reply back:-

Thank you for the e-mail.

I acknowledge your request for copies of statements/charge transactions on your account.

Your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Service Recovery Unit and I have asked that he notes your requests and arranges for a response to be sent to you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery

Birmingham

We will see how long it takes now??

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

Reply and remind them of the deadline. Have you paid your £10?

From the notes I have seen LLoyds seem to wave the £10 fee as a 'good will gesture' Bless their cottons! The £10 is only the Maximum a company can charge under the DPA not a set fee

Mal

Lloyds, DPA Letter issued 9/3/06

Lloyds, Preliminary approach letter issued 11/4/06

You are right. £10 is the maximum. Copy statements Lloys usually provide for free. For a DPA disclosure they will ask for £10.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Part of automatic response number 489

Regarding your request for details of charges on your account for the past six years, I can advise that I am prepared to accept your request under the Data Protection Act. However I should point out that there is normally a £10 fee for information requested under Data Protection, although I am prepared to waive this on this occasion. In addition, I can also advise that some statement records we hold are on microfiche and, as such, fall outside the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Although this is the case, I can advise you that I have asked for copy statements to be produced for the period in question, which will highlight the charges you have referred to and I will send these to you within the next three weeks, which I trust will be acceptable. Our usual charge of £5.00 per copy statement has been waived on this occasion.

They are just so good to us it makes me want to cry :wink:

Mal :twisted:

Lloyds, DPA Letter issued 9/3/06

Lloyds, Preliminary approach letter issued 11/4/06

• 1 month later...

Finally got a letter back from them saying that I have to pay £10 and the 40 days doesn't start until they recieve that. Sending a cheque tomorrow!! Dodgers!!

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

• 4 weeks later...

Got Statements - £625. Hell of a lot more than I thought. Haven't used the account since 2002 so didn't think that there would be much there. Sent PA letter off this morning so they have until 30th May to reply! Let's see how this one goes!

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

• 5 months later...

Hi - I have already written to Royal Bank of Scotland regarding my excessive charges (£2,700 over 6 years).

I recieved a prompt reply from them but was disappointed to learn that they seem to be "wiping their hands" of any responsibility. I have pasted a copy of their response below. What should I do next?

=========================

Thank you for your letter of 15 October 2006 and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the; operation of our products.

We have considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006. We do not accept the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relation to credit card fees. We are concerned that the Office of Fair Trading has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The Office of Fair Trading has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other, entirely different products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write. Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Manager

========================

Do I have any hope? Should I pen a second letter to them and what should I say....any templates for such?

Thanks - Paul

Right, well not updated this thread for a while. It went all quiet as they filed a defence etc. I am due in court on Friday now!! Nerves are getting to me a little bit now, but I am preparing everything ready for court. Anyone fancy coming to Reading court with me on Friday??? Do you think they will turn up??

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

Well bit long winded today, I was due in court today. I spoke to the solicitors for Lloyds on Monday and queried why I hadn't recieved there defense pack which should of been sent to the court and me at least two weeks before the court date. They came back to me and said that they hadn't done one. When I said that wasn't very good they responded with "well it is for you". They said that they would ring Lloyds. They came back to me the following day and said that Lloyds want to settle. They said I had to send them a list of the Charges. They then dragged it on until Wednesday and said that they were willing to settle for the full amount and a cheque is in the post. I said ok. This morning I still hadn't received the Cheque so I spoke to the court and they said to pop down anyway and ask the Judge for it to be adjurned until the money turned up and cleared.

It ended up she put an order on them that the money has to be in my possession (presume funds cleared) by 4pm next Friday. Does that mean that they have a judgement against them now??

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks